If you are looking for a new favorite family dinner recipe, this Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Enchiladas recipe is it!
You can make the best, yet hardest part of an enchilada recipe right in the slow cooker and then prepare the rest later.
For this recipe you will make slow cooker enchilada filling, and then make up the actual enchiladas with the shell in the oven. But, by using the slow cooker you can make sure to have extremely flavorful chicken enchiladas.
This is a great twist on a normal slow cooker chicken recipe. It is not just your everyday chicken breast recipe. Rather it turns into creamy and cheesy chicken enchiladas that everyone loves.
Since the slow cooker does a lot of the work for this recipe, you can have time to make some tasty dishes to go with it like our delicious Chili’s Copycat Salsa recipe or Loaded Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos are always fun! Mexican Street Corn Salad is always a good option too!
Ingredients Needed For Our Slow Cooker Ranch Enchiladas:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning mix
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Chicken broth
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Guacamole (optional topping)
- Sour cream (optional topping)
- Diced tomatoes (optional topping)
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Ranch Enchiladas:
Start by spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Then, place the chicken breasts inside the slow cooker and sprinkle taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix over top of the chicken breasts.
Next, you are going to need to pour the chicken broth over top of the chicken, trying to be careful to not take all of the seasoning off the chicken.
Now, you need to set the timer to cook on low for 3-4 hours.
When the chicken is done cooking in the slow cooker, remove it and shred the chichen with forks or with a hand mixer.
Then, get out a small bowl and mix together the salsa and ranch dressing until they are well combined.
Then pull out your 9×13 inch pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray and then spread a thin layer of the ranch salsa mixture on the bottom of the pan.
Now, begin assembling the enchiladas by spreading 2-3 tablespoons of the ranch salsa dressing on the tortilla and then add on top the shredded chicken and shredded cheese.
Then roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking pan.
Continue this for all of the tortilla shells until the pan is filled.
Then sprinle a little more cheese on top of the enchiladas and place the pan in the oven at 350 and bake it for 30 minutes.
Once they are done, serve them hot with your favorite toppings!
Want more Enchilada recipes?! Try our Turkey Enchiladas!
To Make This Favorite Family Dinner You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS one works great!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 9×13 inch pan
- Forks or hand mixer
Make Ranch Dressing Mix for these Chicken Enchiladas in No Time:
I love ranch dressing. It is so universal. It does not have to be just on salad, but also makes a wonderful dipping sauce. Plus you can use the ranch mix for recipes like this.
If you want to be able to make your own ranch to have on hand, take a look at the Pioneer Woman’s homemade ranch seasoning mix!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Great Mexican Enchilada Recipes to Make:
- White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili & Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Creamy Three Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- Salsa Verde Enchiladas Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Pasta Recipe
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 1 ranch dressing mix dry
- 15 ounces chicken broth
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix over chicken.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken in slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, mix together ranch and salsa; set aside.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread a thin layer of salsa/ranch mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Assemble enchiladas by spreading a few spoonfuls of the salsa/ranch mixture on each tortilla. Add shredded chicken and cheese on top and roll up.
- Place enchiladas seam-side down in the prepared pan and sprinkle any remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle ranch dressing and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top before serving, if desired.
- You can also make your own homemade Ranch Dressing Mix to use in this recipe.
- Slow Cooker
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Forks or Hand Mixer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.