I love making this Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders recipe in my slow cooker.
It’s delicious served on some delicious Hawaiian rolls and then top it with our tasty chipotle sauce.
Our kids love the little sliders. Anything on a slider (aka Hawaiian roll) is normally gold in this house.
It is even better when the recipe is an easy slow cooker recipe like this one. It is an easy family dinner recipe that I like to make during the week. It is one of the best pot roast recipes I have ever tasted.
Ingredients Needed For This Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe:
- Dry onion soup mix
- Dry Italian dressing mix
- Dry Au Jus mix
- Beef roast rump roast or chuck roast
- Hawaiian rolls
- Swiss cheese slices
- Sour cream
- Chili sauce
- Horseradish sauce
How To Make This Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe:
For this recipe begin by whisking together the water, salsa, dry onion soup mix, dry Italian dressing mix, dry Au Jus mix in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Once that is done, get out your slow cooker and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
After you have greased the slow cooker, place your roast into the slow cooker.
Then, pour the seasonings mixture over top of the roast, trying to cover all of the roast with seasoning.
Next, place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Towards the end of the cooking time of the roast, turn on the oven’s broiler and then cut each of the Hawaiian rolls in half and put them on a baking sheet.
Cut the slices of swiss cheese in half and place a slice of swiss cheese on each of the rolls that have been cut in half.
After you prepped each of the rolls, place the baking sheet into the oven with the broiler on low and broil the rolls for about a minute or until the edges of the rolled begin to get golden and the cheese is melting.
While these are baking, mix up the sauce for the sliders by combining together the sour cream, chili sauce, and horseradish stirring it all together until they are well combined.
NOTE: Watch the rolls closely as they can burn very easily during the broiling process.
When the rolls are done, remove them from the oven.
Then, after having to shred the roast, place a spoonful of shredded beef on the roll with cheese.
Next, spread some of the chipotle sauce on the top part of the roll.
Now, just place the top half on top of the bottom half, place them on your plate and enjoy one, two, or five! 😉
To Make This Slow Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a great one!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Nonstick spray
Can This Be Frozen?
YES! This pot roast recipe turns out wonderful when frozen. This is perfect since you don’t want your leftovers to go to waste! Plus, it makes for an even easier dinner next time if that is even possible. 😉
Onion Soup Mix – You Can Make it Yourself!
I have always grabbed a box or two of onion soup mix at the store because I normally use it 2-3 times a month. I had never even thought to make it myself.
Well, turns out you can make it yourself and it is super easy! Take a look at this Dry Onion Soup Mix recipe on AllRecipes.com, and you’ll be able to make it yourself too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Slow Cooker Recipes You Need to Know About:
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos and Coleslaw Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sunday Dinner Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Citrus Onion Pork Sliders
Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 1 ounce dry Italian dressing mix (1 packet)
- 1 ounce dry Au Jus mix (1 packet)
- 3 pounds beef roast rump roast or chuck roast work great
- 12 King's Hawaiian rolls
- 6 Swiss cheese slices cut in half
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons creamy horseradish sauce
- Whisk together water, salsa, dry onion soup mix, Italian dressing mix, and Au Jus mix.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place roast inside.
- Pour seasoning mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll.
- Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1 minute or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted. (be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn).
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with swiss cheese on it.
- Mix sour cream, chili sauce and horseradish sauce until well combined and spread on the top half of each roll.
- Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.
- Slow Cooker
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.