Our Easy Homemade Cornbread recipe has just the perfect amount of sweetness and comes out moist every single time.
How to Make Cornbread perfectly, every time.
Making homemade cornbread can be a little intimidating. We have a few tips on making sure it comes out perfectly every time:
- Separating your dry and wet ingredients may not seem like a big deal, but in this recipe it makes all the difference! Keeping them separate will allow all of your dry ingredients to combine, and avoid pockets of flour or sugar that may not get stirred in correctly otherwise.
- Cornbread is supposed to be crumbly, but not dry. Make sure to follow the recommended cooking temperature and time in this recipe.
- You’ll want to do the toothpick doneness check once your cook time has run out. Insert a toothpick to the thickest part of your bread, typically the center. If it comes out clean, your bread is done. If it the toothpick comes out covered in batter, put it back in the oven and check again in a few minutes.
- If you don’t like vegetable oil, you can substitute that ingredient in this recipe for melted butter. You’ll want to use the same measurement and make sure it is unsalted to avoid your bread turning out to salty.
Making homemade Cornbread Muffins
This cornbread recipe can easily be turned into muffins! Muffins are perfect if you want to control portion sizes or avoid some of the crumbly mess.
To make this cornbread recipe into muffins, follow the recipe and directions as written. Scoop your mix into a 12 count muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.
You’ll want to fill the muffin tin cups about 3/4 the way full. This might make a few more than 12 muffins, depending on the size of your pan.
Cook according to the directions for the full loaf of cornbread.
The muffins will be a little thicker so you will want to check the doneness with a toothpick after baking to make sure they don’t need more time.
How to store cornbread
You’ll want to store your cornbread in plastic wrap and placed in a plastic bag.
The double layer will prevent it from drying out quickly.
Unfortunately, this cornbread will only store for about 2 days without getting too dry and crumbly, but we can almost guarantee that it won’t last that long, it’s THAT yummy!
The best foods to serve with cornbread
This homemade cornbread is pretty versatile. It can be served with honey and butter for a sweet dessert, or with your favorite meal as a delicious side. Here is what we love to serve it with:
- Easy Smoked BBQ Ribs
- Apple Butter BBQ Spareribs
- Sheet Pan Flank Steak and Vegetables
- Juicy Marinated Steak Recipe
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making our delicious Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork. This recipe would go perfect with our Easy Homemade Cornbread!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!