Our Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast is the perfect meal to make in your crock pot!
Every once in a while, pork roasts at my local grocery store go on sale for incredibly cheap, so I buy a couple of them and freeze them for later, but then I run out of ideas of what to do with them.
This recipe kind of came together by accident, but my kids and husband LOVED it.
I took some of the juices from the bottom of the crock pot, mixed in some cornstarch, and it made an amazing gravy to drizzle over the top.
An awesome meal that takes only minutes to prepare (but looks and tastes like you spent a lot of time on it.).
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Mistakes that will dry our your Honey Balsamic Pork Roast:
Some pork roasts can be extremely juicy, while others are incredibly dry. This could be just a cut of the meat, however, it could also be something that you are doing wrong. Here is how to keep your roast perfectly moist and juicy, every time.
- Cook the roast according to it’s size. If you got a small roast, it’s not going to need to cook as long. This is a common mistake people will make when cooking their roast.
Depending on what size roast you get, and how heavy it is, will determine how long it needs to cook.
We usually try to cook it for 20 minutes per pound.
- Don’t open up the slow cooker. This is the biggest mistake people make that will quickly dry out their meat. They keep checking on it, and all the moisture that has built up in the slow cooker, is released and the slow cooker and meat have to work to get it back.
Keep the slow cooker closed until close to the end of your cooking. There is no need to randomly open it as it cooks.
- Don’t cut into the roast as it is cooking. This is similar to opening the lid of the slow cooker. All that moisture is released, and if it leaves the meat, it will be hard to get that back. Don’t cut into it. Use a thermometer to check the meat if worried.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
Looking for more pork tenderloin recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Maple Pecan Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Applesauce Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 pound shoulder pork roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of the pork roast and place inside the slow cooker.
- Drizzle honey over the top of the roast.
- In a medium bowl, mix together beef broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (which is the method I prefer- low and slow!) or you could cook on high for 5-6 hours (but I feel like it never falls apart as easily as when you cook it on low all day long).
- When it's finished, remove juices from bottom of slow cooker and place in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water. Pour cornstarch mixture into saucepan and whisk quickly. When mixture starts to thicken, pour over roast.
- Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again: Follow us on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Questions & Reviews