We all know the best thing about fall is the baking, right?! I was going to make our Frosted Soft Pumpkin Cookies when I had the idea to forgo the frosting and add some Nutella.
I can’t even begin to describe to you how perfectly these hit the “holiday” spot! Oh my goodness. I will never make a regular pumpkin cookie again!
What is Nutella?
I’m actually really hoping no one asks the question “what is Nutella?” because that means you have been missing out on the most delicious, creamy, hazelnut spread ever!
Nutella is a delicious chocolate hazelnut spread that originated in Italy. Trust me when I say you really can eat Nutella with just about anything, but it brings baked goods to the next level.
If you’re not a Nutella fan, any chocolate spread would work in this recipe. We’d recommend not using chocolate syrup though, as that will create a very different consistency in your cookie.
Related Article: It doesn’t get much better than pumpkin cookies! Give these Pumpkin Spice Oreo Cookies a try!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to get fluffy pumpkin cookies
Pumpkin cookies are pretty hard to mess up in our opinion, which makes them even more appealing!
There are a few things you can do to make sure your cookies turn out fluffy and moist, for lack of a better word, every single time.
- Softened Butter – One major key in making any kind of cookies is making sure your butter has warmed up to room temperature (about 70 degrees Fahrenheit).This may not seem like a big deal, but softened butter, rather than melted, will keep your dough keep its shape and prevent quick flattening when placed on the cookie sheet and in the oven.
- Use a cookie dough scoop – This is one of those gifts I didn’t think I would use too often, but find myself using at least three times a week (we make a lot of cookies at our house!) A cookie dough scoop, like the one you can find HERE, helps you get perfectly sized cookies every time, without having to roll around and squish the dough. Your cookies come out perfect, your hands stay clean, and you’ll find a lot of uses for a scoop like this (cupcakes, cookies, protein bites, etc.)
Pumpkin Recipes from Six Sisters’ stuff
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Here are a few of our favorites!
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll Bars
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
Nutella Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Stir until combined.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Fold in Nutella, but avoid over mixing so you can see swirls in the dough.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are set.
- Softened Butter
- Cookie Scoop
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we show you how to make THREE of our favorite Pumpkin Desserts!