Pumpkin Bread with Maple Frosting Recipe
This pumpkin bread tastes like autumn and the maple frosting takes it over the top!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup (more or less)
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a non-stick standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, sugar, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even out with a spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it, about 50 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool almost to room temperature before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar with enough maple syrup to make a thick, spreadable glaze. Spread onto the cooled bread and serve.
Calories: 356 kcal · Carbohydrates: 52 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 15 g · Saturated Fat: 12 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 47 mg · Sodium: 303 mg · Potassium: 130 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 32 g · Vitamin A: 4834 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 30 mg · Iron: 2 mg