This Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake (aka Cake Mix Apple Cobbler) is the perfect fall dessert.
Whether your fall is still hot or it’s starting to get chilly, you don’t have to turn on the oven to make this delicious cake mix dump cake.
It also comes together in a matter of minutes, and then your slow cooker does all the work until it’s cooked to perfection and ready to serve with a big dollop of ice cream on top.
Ingredients needed for CrockPot Apple Cobbler:
- Apple Pie Filling (we just used one 20 ounce can).
- Yellow Cake Mix (just the unprepared mix)
Yep, that’s really all it takes to make this slow cooker cobbler!
How to Make Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
1. First take the apple pie filling and put in into the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Then dump the cake mix right on top
3. Take the butter and pour it carefully on top of the cake mix. Don’t MIX! That is the most important thing! – Then cook in your slow cooker and you are GOOD TO GO!
How to make apple cobbler in the Instant Pot
Did you know you can make this cake mix dump cake right inside of the Instant Pot?
Here is how to make it:O
1. Dump your apple pie filling into a pan that fits inside of you Instant Pot. I use this one HERE.
2. Pour 2 cups of yellow cake mix on top of your apple pie filling
3. Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter and pour it on top of your cake mix. DO NOT MIX IT!
4. Pour 1 cup of water into your instant pot. Put a trivet in, then place your pan on top.
5. Put your lid on, push manual and cook for 25 minutes. (Make sure the knob is on sealing)
6. When it is done, push the knob to venting (quick release). Serve while it is still hot!
Watch How I Make Instant Pot Cake Mix Apple Cobbler (VIDEO)
Now you can serve this with cinnamon, ice cream, whipping cream, or anything else you want! I personally like it right when it is done cooking, (so it is VERY HOT) and putting some vanilla ice cream on top. Melted ice cream on this is AMAZING! ha ha!
Check Out More Six Sisters’ Stuff Dump Cake Recipes:
Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 1 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 1 20 ounce can Apple Pie Filling
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- Dump the can of Apple Pie Filling evenly into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Evenly sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the apple pie filling.
- Spoon the butter onto the cake mix - DON'T mix the cake mix and butter around. The moisture will make it cook.
- Cook on High for 4 hours in your slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker