These Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting literally melt in your mouth! They are the perfect treat for all of your Fall gatherings!
Tips for making soft pumpkin cookies:
- There is nothing worse when you are making cookies, and you have butter lumps in your dough. That is why we recommend using softened butter, as well as an electric hand mixer, to smooth it out.
- We also recommend following the order of ingredients. The cookies work best when they are combined in that order. Take it from someone who thought they could make it even faster, and ended up with flat, burnt cookies.
Tips for making the buttercream frosting:
- This frosting recipe, works best with melted butter, as instructed.
- We also recommend starting with a little milk and adding as needed. You can always add milk, but you can’t always take it away.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Roll Bars
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 7.5 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), ½ can
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together and frost cooled cookies.
- We recommend following the order of ingredients. The cookies work best when they are combined in that order.
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl
Pumpkin cookie recipe adapted from BHG.
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews