The thought of making cinnamon rolls has always frightened me for some reason. Once I figured out that I could have homemade cinnamon rolls in a matter of 20 minutes, I didn’t even have time to be scared.
Then I mixed the pumpkin with the cream cheese and now all I want to do all day long is make and eat these delicious Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.
These cinnamon rolls are perfect for the beginning baker. With just a few ingredients, and using the shortcut of crescent rolls (or a crescent sheet), even the youngest of bakers can help out.
We love that they can be thrown together in a matter of minutes, and they are the perfect size for tiny little hands. They were gone before they got cold at our house.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread Pillsbury Crescent sheets on a flat surface. If they are sticking, you can spread them out over a lightly floured surface.
- In a bowl, mix together 4 oz cream cheese and pumpkin puree.
- Spread mixture over both Pillsbury Sheets in an even layer (you may not use all of the pumpkin mixture). Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over pumpkin mixture until most of the dough is covered. Carefully roll each sheet into a jellyroll shape.
- Carefully cut into 3/4 inch sized slices. The easiest way to do it, is to use a piece of floss (preferably floss that isn’t flavored) like the picture shows below. You could also use a serrated knife. Each sheet should make about 10 cinnamon rolls.
- Place cinnamon rolls into greased 8×8″ pan or combine both rolls in a 9×13″ pan and cook for 16 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.
How to make cream cheese frosting:
You only need a few ingredients to make frosting
- cream cheese (we used about 4 ounces)
- butter (about 2 Tablespoons)
- powdered sugar (more or less to reach your desired consistency)
Beat together cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. You can add more powdered sugar to make it thicker, or thin it out with a Tablespoon or two of milk.
Related recipe: love pumpkin everything? Try our Pumpkin Pie Cake, we know you’ll love it, too.
Copycat dessert recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
More cinnamon roll recipes:
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch
- Cinnamon Roll Pie
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?