I absolutely love this recipe for chicken alfredo because of how flavorful it is!
The seasoning and chicken broth add such a wonderful flavor to this meal. Plus it’s so easy to throw together.
I can’t lie, it doesn’t hurt that I can also make the whole meal in the Instant Pot. My husband likes that part too since he is normally stuck with clean up duty.
Another one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
However, this is not my only go-to recipe when it comes to pasta in the Instant Pot. I love our Instant Pot Lasagna Soup, Instant Pot Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, and I can’t leave out one of our favorite Taco Tuesday recipes, Instant Pot cheesy Beef Taco Pasta!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo using penne pasta ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Dried parsley
- Chicken broth
- Penne pasta
- Cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Corn starch
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
Here are the few other things you will need for this simple Instant Pot recipe:
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spatula (THESE ones are wonderful!)
- Small mixing bowl
Related Article: An entire pan of homemade breadsticks done in 45 minutes! Check out our Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks for a delicious side dish!
WONDERING WHAT INSTANT POT I LIKE TO USE?
I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer. It is awesome!
Honestly, I don’t know how I would make it through the week without it now! Okay, that might be a bit dramatic, but you get my point.
However, if you do not have an Instant Pot, you still NEED to try this recipe and we have a stovetop version HERE!
RESTAURANT QUALITY COOKING IN YOUR VERY OWN KITCHEN!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
START MAKING INSTANT POT CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Using your Instant Pot, press the “SAUTE” button to turn it on and let the inside heat up for a few minutes. Then you are going to add in the olive oil.
Before you put the chicken in the Instant Pot, sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Once you have done that, you can add it to the Instant Pot with the olive oil.
Let the chicken side on each side for 3 minutes or until it starts to brown.
Then you are going to add in the garlic, dried parsley, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
After you add these, use your wooden spatula to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to release any of the burnt bits from the chicken and to avoid getting the “BURN” notice from you Instant Pot.
Then you are going to add the penne pasta on top of everything. Be sure the press the pasta down into the liquid with the spatula to make sure the pasta gets cooked evenly.
Now, place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and turn the knob to the “SEALING” position.
Then, to get it going, press either the “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE” button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, carefully turn the knob to the “VENTING” position to allow it to quickly release the pressure from inside. After all of the pressure is released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
Then, press the “SAUTE” button again to turn the heating element back on, and add in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese and mix it all together.
In a small bowl, mix together the water and cornstarch to make the thickening agent for the sauce. After it is well combined, add it into the Instant Pot and stir everything together.
The sauce should start to thicken. Continue to stir until you reach your desired thickness. Next, just serve it, top it off with the fresh Parmesan cheese, basil, and enjoy!
You might want to try making your own homemade garlic bread with this recipe from Delish.com to go along with this fantastic pasta recipe! Bread and pasta are a match made in heaven.
If you are looking for a lightened up version of chicken alfredo, be sure to check out THIS RECIPE
Related Recipe: Try our Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Lasagna.
More meals for your Instant Pot:
- INSTANT POT HEALTHY CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN CAESAR SANDWICHES
- INSTANT POT SWEET AND SPICY BBQ BEANS
- INSTANT POT HAWAIIAN BBQ CHICKEN
- INSTANT POT CHEESY PENNE PASTA RECIPE
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Penne Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into small slices)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces penne pasta uncooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional topping
- fresh basil optional topping
- Press "SAUTE" on the Instant Pot and let it heat up for a few minutes, then add in the oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then add to the Instant Pot. Brown chicken for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, parsley, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot, being sure to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot with a wooden spatula to remove any burnt bits or pieces from the chicken.
- Add the pasta on top of everything and press it gently down into the liquid with a spatula (don't stir it in with the other ingredients). The liquid should barely cover the pasta.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to "sealing."
- Press the "MANUAL" button and cook for 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, move the valve to "venting" and do a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Press the "SAUTE" button and add in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch, then add into the Instant Pot. Stir together until sauce reaches desired thickness and serve.
- Top with fresh Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
- Instant Pot
- small bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.