This Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp is packed with flavor and is so easy to make!
I have always been a little intimidated by seafood. We didn’t grow up eating it very much and I can be a little picky about it having too much of a fishy flavor.
My husband loves shrimp, so I thought I would surprise him and throw together this quick and easy shrimp.
I love that this Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp only uses a few ingredients and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes!
Our most popular Shrimp recipe: The BEST Shrimp Scampi
How to make Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp:
I started by cooking my pasta to serve my Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp over. This is completely optional, because the shrimp is great even by itself.
My husband and I have been trying to eat a high protein diet, so I was so excited when I found this Barilla ProteinPLUS® Angel Hair Pasta.
ProteinPLUS® Angel Hair is a delicious multigrain pasta made with simple ingredients like flaxseed, barley, and oats, plus protein-rich chickpeas, lentils, and egg whites, and is a good source of lean protein.
I also love that it is made with non-GMO ingredients!
My kids ate every last noodle without any complaints and my husband and I felt good about feeding them a pasta that was high in protein to help fill them up!
While the pasta was cooking, I sautéed some minced garlic in a frying pan over medium-high heat with few tablespoons of butter.
After 1-2 minutes, I added some cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp. As you can see in the picture above, there is some water in the bag of shrimp I used.
If you are using frozen shrimp that has been thawed, be sure to drain all the excess liquid off before adding your shrimp to the pan.
I added my shrimp to the pan and seasoned it with salt and pepper, to taste.
Then I poured some lemon juice on top of the shrimp with a few more tablespoons of butter and kept cooking it over medium-high heat until the shrimp started to turn pink and was heated through.
When the shrimp is done cooking and has been tossed in the butter and lemon juice sauce, garnish with some fresh parsley and serve over cooked pasta.
You could also serve this shrimp over rice. Just be sure to drizzle a little of that buttery lemon garlic sauce on top and toss it all together!
Other delicious homemade shrimp recipes:
- The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
- Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Shrimp Protein Bowl with Mango Salsa
Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- ¼ cup butter divided
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until just pink.
- Add remaining 2 Tablespoons butter and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until butter is melted and everything is well combined.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve over cooked pasta.