One of our very first recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff was our Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken. Little did we know back then just how popular it would become!
It quickly jumped to our most popular recipe and it’s stayed there for about 6 years, even still today!
We knew we had to be able to convert this recipe over to the Instant Pot, and we’ve had so many requests to do so.
Turns out, it only takes about 30 minutes to make in the instant pot and is just as good, if not BETTER than the slow cooker version.
Another of our favorite Instant Pot recipes: Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Chicken and Potatoes <- – – – so good!
What is an Instant Pot?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker that works as an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and sauté pan all in one.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
How to make Honey Sesame Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Place your chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and put your Instant Pot lid on and seal.
- Cook on the Meat setting for 20 minutes and then quick release once the 20 minutes is up. Remove chicken from pot, leaving the sauce.
- Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and pour into your Instant Pot with the sauce.
- Stir to combine. Push the Saute button and cook sauce for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut or shred your chicken into bite sized pieces, and return to pot and toss with sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
- You can also sprinkle more red pepper flakes on top if you want more heat.
Related Recipe: Try our Sticky Sesame Chicken it’s ready in just 20 Minutes!