Instant Pot cheesy chicken and pasta is a great go-to easy dinner recipe to make for the family. Our kids always love a good cheesy pasta dinner.
I love a good Instant Pot chicken and pasta recipe, and with the cheese sauce, it makes for a tasty budget-friendly dinner recipe. But, to be honest, I just really love all the pasta recipes that can be made in the Instant Pot.
This meal has such great flavor with the different spices, some that you might not expect, but combine to make for a very flavorful chicken and pasta recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta:
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Diced onion
- Chicken broth
- Rotini pasta (or whatever your favorite is)
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil (optional)
How To Make Our Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta:
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper until everything is combined.
Then, add the diced chicken into the bowl and toss it all together until the chicken is coated in the seasonings.
Now, plug in your Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button.
Add a tablespoon of butter to the inner pot and allow the inner pot to warm up.
Once the pot is heated up, add in the chicken and onion and saute the chicken until it is seared on all sides.
After the chicken is done, press the CANCEL button and pour the chicken broth into the inner pot.
Next, add in the pasta and stir everything together, making sure that all of the pasta is covered in chicken broth.
Now, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn it to lock it in place. Make sure the valve is turned to the SEALING position and then press the MANUAL button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
After the 4-minute cooking timer runs out, move the knob to the VENTING position to allow the Instant Pot to do a quick release of all the pressure inside.
Once the pressure is out, remove the lid and stir in the remaining butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese mixing everything together until it is well combined.
Then serve it and top it with fresh basil and enjoy!
Items you will need for this Instant Pot chicken recipe:
- Instant Pot (THIS one works great!)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
Meal Planning Made Easy
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of “What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
No Heavy Cream? No Problem!
While I normally have at least a little heavy cream in my fridge, sometimes it is not enough for what the recipe calls for. That is when it is great to know what else I can use in its place.
Take the time to look over these 9 heavy cream substitutes from Country Living and see if you have something you can replace the heavy cream within a pinch!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
Delicious Instant Pot Recipes to Make:
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
- Ravioli Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe
- BBQ Country Ribs Recipe
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil (chopped, optional garnish)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add diced chicken to bowl and toss until chicken is full coated in seasonings.
- Plug in the Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and let it heat up. Add the chicken and onion and saute until chicken is seared on all sides.
- Cancel the saute function and pour in the chicken broth. Add the pasta and stir, making sure that all pasta is immersed in the broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and secure in place. Turn the vent to SEALING. Press the MANUAL button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is finished, move the vent to VENTING and do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in remaining butter, cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. If desired, top with fresh basil and serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- Instant Pot
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.