You are going to love these Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls, they are made with simple ingredients, and the best part is that they are a healthier Mexican recipe option made in the pressure cooker.
Plus with our INstnat Pot burrito bowls you can top them with whatever you want, just start with your chicken burrito filling, top it with a little sour cream, maybe some green chiles, chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, and some warm jasmine rice and you have yourself a delicious burrito bowl.
This is sure to be an easy family recipe that the whole family can agree on and love come dinner time. Especially since you build it with your favorite ingredients for toppings served with some tortilla chips and salsa.
Family favorite Instant Pot recipes for tender chicken:
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe (Freezer Meal)
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe
Ingredients used to make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts frozen (chicken thighs can also work)
- Brown rice uncooked
- Black beans (can of black beans drained and rinsed)
- Diced tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Chicken broth (vegetable broth can work too!)
- Romaine lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado Diced
- Salsa or pico de Gallo
- Fresh lime juice
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls:
- Combine all the ingredients in the bottom of the pot. Lock the lid into place and turn the knob to SEALING.
- Push MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK and cook with high pressure for 25 minutes. When done do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to VENTING to release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the skinless chicken breast to shred.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Place the romaine lettuce in your bowl. Top beans, rice, and shredded chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, salsa, and avocado if you’d like!
How to turn this Instant Pot burrito bowls into a freezer meal:
Place all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place the freezer bag into the freezer and it will last up to 90 days. When ready to use, dump ingredients from the bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water to the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set a timer for 30 minutes. Do a 5-minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
What to serve with healthy chicken burrito bowls:
- Easy Mexican Salsa Rice (Quick Spanish Rice) Recipe
- Fresh Lime Salsa (Easy Homemade Salsa) Recipe
- Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Fully Loaded Guacamole Recipe
- Baked Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
Other delicious recipes for the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- How to Cook White Rice in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot Mama’s Pot Roast Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts frozen
- ½ cup brown rice uncooked
- ½ can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- romaine lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- avocado Diced
- salsa or pico de gallo
- Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place and turn the knob to SEALING.
- Push MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK and cook for 25 minutes. When done release by turning the pressure valve to VENTING.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken to shred.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Place the romaine lettuce in your bowl. Top beans, rice, and shredded chicken. Sprinkle with cheese, salsa, and avocado if you'd like!
- Instant Pot
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.