But this is the one recipe that tops them all . . . Grilled Caramelized Pineapple!
The secret ingredients
Many recipes will call for brown sugar and butter . . . but the key ingredients to getting the perfect flavor and the caramelization on the outside comes down to these 2 ingredients: cinnamon and honey.
How to make grilled pineapple
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey.
- Thread pineapple onto skewers and place on a large baking sheet or plate.
- Using a spoon or a pastry brush, glaze all sides of the skewered pineapple with the brown sugar mixture.
- Cook on a grill over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
Don’t have a grill? How to cook pineapple in a pan
Even if you don’t have a grill, you can still enjoy this delicious dish!
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in the bottom of a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix together the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey in a bowl.
- Instead of putting the pineapple on skewers. chop it into large chunks. Add the pineapple chunks to the warm pan with melted butter. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the top, mixing to make sure all the pineapple is coated.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until the outsides of the pineapple start to turn golden brown and caramelize.
- Serve warm.
Turn this into a dessert!
I love to serve this as a side dish, but it’s also perfect as a dessert! Here are some additions to make it a delicious dessert:
- serve pineapple warm with vanilla ice cream
- serve with yogurt and granola to make a parfait-dessert
- serve topped with fresh whipped cream
- serve it with angel food cake and whipped cream
Can you grill canned pineapple rings?
Even if you don’t have a fresh pineapple, you can still make this recipe using canned pineapple rings.
Because canned rings are a little thinner, I would recommend grilling each side for about 2-3 minutes (making sure to only flip them over once.)
Our newest cookbook
Just like this recipe is inspired by one of my favorite restaurants, we have a whole new cookbook dedicated to our favorite restaurant copycat recipes!
In Copycat Cooking, We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Dishes to serve with Grilled Pineapple:
- Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Ribs
- Mom’s Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Best Homemade Pasta Salad
Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple Recipe
- 1 pineapple (cut into large wedges or chunks)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Thread pineapple onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before threading pineapple on). Mix together brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. Place skewered pineapple on a large plate or pan. Using a spoon or a brush, thoroughly glaze each piece of pineapple with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place skewers on a grill, preheated to a medium-high temperature. Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, or just until the sugar-glaze starts to caramelize.
- Serve warm.
- Makes a delicious appetizer, side dish, or dessert.
- You could also make these on your stove top- just heat a large skillet or grill pan to medium-high heat and follow recipe as directed.
- Wooden Skewers
- Mixing Bowl
- large pan
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?