I am always looking for ways to “spice up” plain ol’ chicken breasts and this Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken and Honey Mustard Recipe became one of my top favorites!
Whenever we go to Outback Steakhouse, my husband always gets a big steak and I always order their Alice Springs Chicken.
Then when I found this recipe, I decided to put it to the test to see if it tastes anything like the restaurant’s chicken .
I dare say that it was almost better and it’s easy to make. So if you need a meal that will impress your dinner guests, look no further because here it is!
Alice Springs is a city in Australia, hence the name of this chicken from Outback Steakhouse. This is a favorite dish for many Outback Steakhouse fans, and definitely a Six Sisters’ FAVORITE!
Tips for making Alice Springs Chicken Rolls:
- Cook the bacon prior to putting the Alice Springs chicken in the oven. Need a quicker option? Buy precooked bacon at the store.
- You can make this dish with pre-cooked chicken, you will not need to cook as long since your chicken is already cooked. You will want to be sure everything is heated through and the cheese is melted
- Not enough time to let your sauce set overnight? No worries, it will still taste delicious!
Other ways you can make Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken and Honey Mustard:
- Sauté the chicken in bacon grease.
- Yellow mustard? Dijon mustard? Whatever you have on hand makes a great honey mustard.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Try grilled or caramelized onions. Jalapeno or banana peppers add a
- Experiment with the cheeses. Try a pepper jack or habanero blend.
- Turkey bacon and light mayo help cut the calories with the same great taste.
- Need some crunch? Add onion straws on top.
- Tastes great served over rice.
- Leftovers? Shred the chicken and use for quesadillas or to top your salad
Great side that go with Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken:
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
- Fresh Berry Salad
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Parmesan Lemon Asparagus
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken and Honey Mustard Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ½ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 bacon strips cut in half
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- In small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and dried onion flakes to make a honey mustard that will go over the chicken (this is different than the dipping sauce below).
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Move chicken to an 11 x 7 inch or 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then top with mushrooms, cooked bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is
- cooked through.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Mix the mayo, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, onion flakes, and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Serve with chicken.
- Large Skillet
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 11×7 or 9×9
Have you seen our YouTube channel?