Do you ever have a super busy week, we’ve got you covered with this amazing Chicken Taco Casserole.
We have had that kind of week. Our sweet sister Kristen was in a terrible car accident with her family.
Here in Utah we had freezing rain, which immediately turns to ice when it hits the ground.
All the freeways turned into ice skating rinks and it makes driving so scary.
Kristen and her family were headed out to visit us when a semi-truck went out of his lane.
This caused them to swerve to miss hitting him. This sent them spinning into the side of the semi-truck.
Their car was totaled and they had to rip off the door to pull Kristen out. Her arm is in a sling from injuring her elbow. But other than that, the family is fine. We are so grateful that they are all okay.
Kristen was sitting where the windshield is broken in. An accident like this quickly puts everything into perspective on the importance of families. We held our kids a little tighter tonight and took our time with bedtime stories.
Slow down and take time for your family – including family dinner. It’s a great time to catch up with each other and listen to each other and how their day went.
And this Chicken Taco Casserole is the perfect dinner as you have a great family conversation (how did you like that segway into the recipe?!).
We have more chicken casseroles that come together in very little time and are kid approved. An all time favorite is our Teriyaki Chicken Casserole. You might also like Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole and Chicken Zucchini Casserole .
To make this Chicken Taco Casserole you will need:
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Chicken Breasts
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Be sure to have these items on hand for this Chicken Taco Casserole:
- 9 x 13 inch pan (THIS is our favorite)
- Mixing Bowls (We like THIS set with a non slip base)
- Mixing Spoon
SIMPLY DELICIOUS RECIPES MADE WITH 6 INGREDIENTS OR LESS!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as -Kid Favorites and –Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Need another easy chicken taco dinner? Try our Cornbread Taco Bake!
How to make Chicken Taco Casserole:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a large bowl combine the chicken soup, sour cream, diced tomatoes, black beans, taco seasoning, and chicken. Then set aside.
Crush the chips, and spread half of them on the bottom of the pan. (You can crush them with your hands or a rolling pin.)
Spread half of the chicken mixture over the crushed tortillas. Top with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is barely starting to brown.
Who likes instant pot recipes?
We have so many delicious Instant Pot recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff. Have you seen our YouTube channel? It is awesome!
We have so many of our tried and true recipes that are easy to make and we walk you through each of the steps from start to finish.
Watch how easy it is to make Crack Chicken in the Instant Pot.
Here are more of our favorite chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Cheddar Baked Chicken
- Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Black Bean and Corn Chicken
- Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe
Chicken Taco Casserole Recipe
- 21.5 ounces cream of chicken soup 2 (10.75 oz cans)
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilis 1 can, (we used Ro-tel)
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can (rinsed and drained)
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 13 ounces tortilla chips 1 bag
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken soup, sour cream, diced tomatoes, black beans, taco seasoning and chicken. Set aside.
- Crush chips (I just crush them with my hands) and spread half of them on the bottom of the pan
- Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Top with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is starting to brown.
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
If you made our recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.