I’ve always loved fried chicken, but making it at home is another story. Not only is it messy, but my whole house smells like oil and grease for days!
I wanted to cook chicken in the oven that tasted like fried chicken, but wasn’t. I was so excited with how well this Cheddar Baked Chicken turned out.
This Cheddar Baked Chicken has a crispy breading and is so juicy inside, just like it was fried but it was baked right in the oven!
No oily mess, no fried smell. Hallelujah!
if you love this baked cheddar chicken, be sure to try our mom’s chicken divan. it’s a delicious cheesy chicken broccoli casserole the whole family will love!
How to Make The Best Baked Chicken
I’ve made a few different baked chicken recipes in my day, but this is my absolute favorite. With just 10 minutes or less of preparation, you will have dinner on the table in no time.
I started by preheating my oven to 350 degrees F. This recipe calls for 1/4 cup of melted butter to be placed in the bottom of the pan.
Rather than melting butter in my microwave, I placed the butter right in the pan and put the pan in the oven while the oven was heating up.
If you go this route, be sure to only leave it in there for only a few minutes to avoid the butter burning and remove the pan from the oven as soon as the butter is melted.
This baked chicken is breaded, which means you have the coat the outside of each chicken breast.
You will need three mixing bowls to create that perfect chicken breading.
In the first bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix it together until everything is well combined then set aside.
In the second bowl, whisk together two eggs and a tablespoon of milk until they are full incorporated then set aside.
In the third bowl, combine shredded cheddar cheese, crushed Corn Flakes and seasoned bread crumbs.
I like to line my bowls up in the order that I will need them.
Take each chicken breast and dredge it in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and finishing in the cheese mixture.
Place each coated chicken breast in the prepared pan and use the remaining butter to put a pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
The Best Baked Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Garlic Chicken
- Baked Italian Chicken
- Healthy Honey Baked Chicken
- Baked Saltine Cracker Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
- Baked Bruschetta Chicken
Cheddar Baked Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup butter (divided)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour melted butter in an even layer in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine cheddar cheese, bread crumbs and crushed Corn Flakes; set aside.
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and finish by coating it in the Corn Flake mixture.
- Place coated chicken breasts in prepared pan and use the remaining butter to put a pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
I have 4 picky eaters, so whenever I find a recipe that they like it becomes a staple in our house. We have tons of recipes on our channel that your family will love!