could i use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
I love this recipe because of the chicken and pineapple combination. To make my life a little easier, I also use the pineapple juice from the can of pineapple rings, rather than a separate can of pineapple juice.
However, this chicken is almost even more delicious with fresh pineapple. I just used fresh pineapple slices (I did not cut them into rings, they were just pineapple slices I cut off from the rind.)
It was absolutely delicious with the fresh pineapple, but the pineapple rings from the can were just as delicious.
If you do use fresh pineapple, you will still need to purchase pineapple juice, whereas if you use pineapple rings, you can use the pineapple juice from the can.
watch how to make another grilled chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Grilled Lemon Chicken is easy to make and full of flavor. It only requires a few simple ingredients, and is so easy to throw together, for those busy summer evenings. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more grilling recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Marinated Mt. Dew Grilled Chicken
- Mom’s Secret Recipe: 7 Up Grilled Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
Pineapple Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 6 ounces pineapple juice 1 can
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Pineapple Slices Optional
- Chopped Green Onion Optional
- In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and pepper. Place chicken in the bowl, and coat with the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (I like mine to marinate for about 8 hours).
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place chicken on grill until just cooked through (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- Place pineapple slices on grill and cook until grill marks appear (just a minute or two per side).
- Remove chicken and pineapple from grill and place one slice of pineapple on each chicken breast. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes on each side in the preheated oven, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- *Make sure that you discard any leftover marinade.
- Medium Bowl
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!