We love our Smashed Italian Red Potatoes so much that we decided to add a fun twist to them and try using some Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes.
These Smashed Cheesy Potatoes have a pop of garlic flavor and topped with cheesy goodness! They turned out so delicious and make the perfect side dish to any dinner!
Smashed Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds mini gold Yukon potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chives
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Rinse and gently scrub potatoes. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- While the potatoes are boiling, in a small mixing bowl combine the butter, black pepper, garlic and Old Bay Seasoning. Microwave until butter is melted and mix together well.
- Drain the potatoes and gently pat dry.
- Mix the olive oil and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Roll each potato in the olive oil mixture until completely coated.
- Place the potatoes on a rimmed cookie sheet and gently flatten with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- With a pastry brush coat each smashed potato with the butter mixture.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Then pull out of oven and top all of the potatoes using 1 tablespoon of chives. Then sprinkle cheese over all the potatoes, then sprinkle the other tablespoon of chives evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Mixing Bowl
- Stock Pot
- Baking Sheet