Everyone loves a good potato salad on a hot summer day! If you haven't made it for awhile, this is a new recipe you NEED to try!
We are BBQ-ing a lot these last few weeks because I finally got brave enough to remove the small beehive from my grill! Ha ha! If the neighbors were looking out their window, I bet they were laughing at my girly screams and slamming of the grill top. But because we have been cooking on the grill, I have been craving my Mom’s Potato Salad. It really is so delicious and brings back so many memories of growing up, not to mention it is the easiest potato salad recipe I have ever made!
Tips on how to make potato salad:
1. Be sure to chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook!
2. This recipe doesn’t call for onions, but onions chopped really small make this recipe taste delicious!
3. You can make this potato salad with sweet or dill pickles. Both ways taste delicious!
How to make Instant Pot Potato Salad (Video)
Did you know that you can make this recipe in the INSTANT POT?
The difference when making it in the Instant Pot is how you cook the potatoes and eggs!
1. Cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces and put it in the bottom of your Instant pot. Place your eggs right on top of your potatoes.
2. Close the lid and put on Sealing. Push the manual button (or high pressure) and cook for 6 minutes.
3. Move the knob over to venting (or quick release)
4. Add the remainder of the ingredients just like in the recipe below!
You can cook the eggs and potatoes at the same time! Watch how to do it here:
8 potatoes, cooked and diced into bite size pieces
8 eggs, hard boiled
3/4 cup dill or sweet pickles, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 cup mayo (I like to use Light Miracle Whip... yes I'm a Miracle Whip girl)
2 to 3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Salad supreme seasoning, optional to sprinkle on top
Bring two pots of water to a boil. In one pot boil your potatoes for about 40 minutes, or until fork can easily pierce through the potato. Drain water off of potatoes and let them cool. In the other pot boil your eggs for 15 minutes. When they are done, drain and rinse them under cold water. Put in fridge to cool.
Once done cooling, put your potatoes, diced celery, and pickles in a big bowl. Dice the eggs and add it to the bowl.
In a separate bowl mix your mayo, mustard, sugar, vinegar all together. Pour your sauce over the potatoes in the big bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. If it is dry, you can add more mayo to get it the texture you like. Top with salad supreme. Can also save 1 hardboiled egg to slice and add it to the top.