Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hobo Dinner is the best crock pot recipe!
This recipe was inspired by our Easy Hobo Tin Foil Dinner Recipe – but this one is even better because you can make it in slow cooker!
It has all pieces of a delicious dinner: meat, potatoes, and even vegetables cooked perfectly.
This dish also is easily stored in the fridge and reheated the next day as leftovers.
What to serve with Hobo Dinner?
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hobo Dinner:
- Ground pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Yellow onion
- Sliced carrots
- Fresh green beans
- Lean ground beef
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- BBQ sauce
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How To Make Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hobo Dinner:
Begin by spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Then in a small bowl mix together the salt, ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley.
Once that is done set the bowl aside until later.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix together the can of condensed mushroom soup and the BBQ sauce.
Now, take half of the thinly sliced russet potatoes, half of the onions, half of the carrots, and half of the green beans and layer them into the bottom of the greased slow cooker.
Next, sprinkle half of the seasonings over top of the vegetable layer in the slow cooker.
Then, take the uncooked beef and break it up into bite-sized pieces and place half of the uncooked meat over the top of the vegetables.
Once that is done, spoon half of the sauce mixture over top of the meat.
When that is done, repeat all the layers again starting with the russet potatoes, and create each layer.
After you have repeated the layers, place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook everything on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 ½ – 4 hours.
Once it is done cooking, scoop out your desired serving size and top it with the shredded cheddar cheese, and some BBQ sauce or ketchup if you’d like!
To Make This Slow Cooker Ground Beef Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (I love THIS programmable one!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
You Can Make Your Own Condensed Soup
Not everyone loves canned soup, so here is a recipe that you can make from scratch.
Take a look at the homemade consensed cream of mushroom soup recipe from the Pioneer Woman!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- Slow Cooker 3 Cheese Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Glazed Ham Recipe
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hobo Dinner
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- 6 russet potatoes scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 pound carrots sliced
- ½ pound fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef uncooked
- 10 ¾ ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and BBQ sauce.
- Layer half of the potatoes, half of the onions, half of the carrots, and half of the green beans in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle half of the seasonings over the vegetables.
- Break the ground beef in small bite-sized pieces (uncooked) and place half over the vegetables.
- Spoon half of the sauce mixture over the meat.
- Repeat the entire process all over again, layering it on top of each other.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3.5-4 hours.
- Scoop servings into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese (and more BBQ sauce or even ketchup, it desired).
- chopped zucchini
- green peas
- sweet potatoes
- any color of bell pepper
In a mixing bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and BBQ sauce. Add to food in slow cooker and gently mix until all food is coated in sauce.
Scoop into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Slow Cooker
This post was included in our 3 EASY Back To School Freezer Meals video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.