My husband is a big chicken pot pie fan. We have been trying to eat better and realized how many calories are in one pot pie! Yikes! This soup has all the creamy goodness of a pot pie, but with a fraction of the calories.
Serves: 6 people
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
This soup has all the creamy goodness of a pot pie, but with a fraction of the calories.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup of the water until blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and bring to a boil. Add celery, onion, frozen vegetables, potatoes and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Add bouillon, thyme, chicken and salt and pepper. Whisk in slurry. Stir and cook another 2-3 minutes until soup thickens.
Calories: 252 kcal · Carbohydrates: 41 g · Protein: 20 g · Fat: 2 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 27 mg · Sodium: 467 mg · Potassium: 1113 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 11 g · Vitamin A: 2776 IU · Vitamin C: 14 mg · Calcium: 243 mg · Iron: 2 mg
(Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste)