Could I make this recipe using roll dough instead of biscuit dough?
This recipe calls for pre-made biscuit dough, however, you could try to use a different bread dough.
You could make your own dough, (we recommend trying our 30 Minute Dinner Rolls, dough recipe) or you could purchase frozen dough roll.
For this recipe, we have found that the lighter, more airy biscuit dough works best, but roll dough would also work. You may just want to cut it into smaller bits, to create the pull apart.
How to make mini garlic monkey bread
Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Cut each biscuit into quarters and place into a bowl.
Combine butter, garlic, parsley and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour over biscuit pieces. Gently toss together and make sure everything is evenly coated with the butter mixture.
Place 6-7 biscuit pieces in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Related recipe: can’t get enough monkey bread? Try our Gooey Caramel Breakfast Monkey Bread!
What could I serve these with?
I love bread. I could honestly eat it as my appetizer, main course, and dessert. It just takes so good, especially this monkey bread.
If you don’t want to eat it for every part of your meal, we do have a few main dish recommendations, to serve these monkey breads with.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- The Best Minestrone Soup with Italian Sausage
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Layered Bacon and Swiss Salad
- Three Ingredient Avocado Salad
- Protein Pasta
- One Pan Chili Beef Pasta
- Chili’s Copycat Cajun Chicken
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Roast
Looking for more bread recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Mini Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 (7.5 oz) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and place into a bowl.
- Combine butter, garlic, parsley and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour over biscuit pieces.
- Gently toss together and make sure everything is evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Place 6-7 biscuit pieces in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
(Recipe from Crumbs and Chaos)
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.