I love a good spaghetti recipe, but every once in a while, I like to switch it up. This recipe makes the sauce a little more creamy and we went crazy for it.
We may have had it twice this week it was just that good. It’s one the whole family will love.
We also used ground turkey because it is a little bit more of a lean meat, however, you could easily use:
- ground beef
- ground chicken
- or even a ground sausage.
You could use whatever you have on hand, and this recipe will be absolutely amazing. It’s so simple and definitely a crowd favorite.
Looking to make your own sauce?
We just used a canned sauce from the store to make this recipe, but you could easily switch things up and make your own.
If you are looking for a homemade recipe, check out our Homemade Spaghetti Sauce recipe. It is simple, delicious, and quick.
If you are using a store bought sauce or marinara, look for ones with less sugar, for a healthier alternative. Often times, spaghetti sauce can have a lot of sugar in it, when you purchase it from the store.
However, I am all about shortcuts and saving time, so I usually go for the store bought sauce.
Could I use any noodles, for this recipe?
Yes! You could really use any noodle for this recipe.
We also like bow tie or spaghetti noodles. My kids love the shells. Penne is easiest for little forks to stab, so we usually go for the penne.
Make this recipe for a crowd:
This recipe is a great one for doubling or even tripling.
Most of the ingredients usually come in larger quantities so it is great for feeding a crowd.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
We created our channel, just for you. We share all our easy family favorite recipe, we know you will love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, so you know exactly how to make it.
One of our favorite recipes is our One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo! Watch as we show you how to make it here:
looking for more skillet recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo
- Ground Turkey Mexican Vegetable Skillet
- Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet
- One Pan Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- One Pan Taco Skillet
Protein Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups penne pasta cooked
- 1 pound ground turkey cooked
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Set the cooked pasta aside.
- In a skillet, brown your ground turkey until it is cooked all the way through and there is no pink.
- To your skillet or pan, add your pasta sauce, cottage cheese, plain Greek yogurt, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
- Allow it to bubble and heat all the way through.
- Serve the sauce and meat mixture over your penne pasta, and garnish with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.
Need some more dinner ideas?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!