This Gooey Caramel Monkey Bread takes me right back to my childhood. We loved having breakfast for dinner growing up, and this easy pull apart was our favorite.
I love making this monkey bread for Christmas breakfast! You can get it all ready the night before. In the morning, all you have to do is throw it in the oven in the morning.
This recipe is so easy to make because it only uses a few ingredients, including pre-made frozen dinner rolls.
Related Recipe: If you love monkey bread, give our Easy Lemon Monkey Bread Recipe a try!
How to Make Caramel Monkey Bread:
This Caramel Monkey Bread is so easy to make because it uses frozen dinner rolls, so you aren’t making homemade dough.
If you can’t find Rhode’s frozen dinner rolls in your local grocery store, you could easily substitute them for refrigerated biscuits.
Start by placing the frozen dinner rolls in a resealable bag and setting them out on the counter for 2 hours so they thaw, but don’t rise. The rolls should still be cold to the touch.
Spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and place chopped pecans in the bottom of it.
This easy monkey bread has two layers, so start by cutting 8 of the rolls into 6 pieces and then placing them in the pan over the pecans.
I use kitchen shears (or scissors that you have sanitized if you don’t have kitchen shears) to cut the dough because it is so easy.
Sprinkle half a package of cook n’ serve butterscotch pudding mix on top of the rolls.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter then pour half of it over the top of the rolls.
Repeat by cutting the remaining rolls and placing them on top, sprinkling on remaining butterscotch pudding mix and pouring on the butter/brown sugar mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and let rise at room temperature for 8 hours.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then invert pull apart onto a plate.
Cut into slices and serve warm.
If by some chance you have leftovers, you can cover the pull apart with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Make memories at home
Some of our best memories were made at the dinner table and that is something we wanted to help other families have time for.
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of “What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
The Best Monkey Bread Recipes:
- Easy Lemon Monkey Bread
- Orange Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Breakfast Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart
- Mini Monkey Bread Cakes
Gooey Caramel Breakfast Pull Apart Recipe (Monkey Bread)
- 16 Rhodes dinner rolls frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3.5 ounce package cook n' serve butterscotch pudding
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- Thaw frozen roll dough in a Ziploc bag for about 2 hours, just until thawed. Don't let them rise.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces using kitchen shears.
- Grease a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Arrange 8 of the cut rolls over pecans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 package of dry pudding over rolls.
- Mix brown sugar and melted butter together and drizzle half over rolls.
- Then repeat with the other 8 rolls cut up, pudding, and sugar/butter mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and let rise overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool no longer than 5 minutes and invert bundt cake on a baking dish to serve.
- Make sure you buy the cook n serve pudding not the Instant!
- Bundt Pan
- Plastic Wrap
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?