Garlic bread is the ultimate comfort food. Warm, soft, flaky and filling.
My kids beg me make spaghetti in some shape or form every week, so whenever we have pasta for dinner we make this Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread.
Even my picky 2 year old digs in and devours this delicious garlic bread!
Homemade Garlic Bread
Is there anything better than hot, buttery garlic bread coming right out of the oven? I can’t think of anything off the top of my head, so I am going to share our favorite Cheesy Garlic Bread with you that makes a perfect appetizer or side dish.
How to make Cheesy Garlic Bread:
I love quick and easy recipes. This recipe for homemade garlic bread only has 5 ingredients, so you know it is going to be simple!
Don’t let that fool you into thinking it isn’t delicious, because this Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread is always gobbled up within minutes whenever we make it.
Start by cutting a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Try to cut down the center as best as you can to make sure that each side is equal in thickness.
Place the bread cut side up on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Next, to make the homemade garlic butter simply combine softened butter, Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
Spread the garlic butter evenly between the two halves of French bread.
Sprinkle a cup of shredded mozzarella on top of each half of the bread.
Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheesy starts to get a little golden brown.
Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve.
Tips and tricks for homemade garlic bread:
- If you prefer a softer garlic bread, wrap each half of the bread in foil before baking. This will help the crust and inside of the bread stay soft and avoid getting crisp.
- If you prefer a crustier garlic bread, bake your garlic bread uncovered and then broil on high for 1-2 minutes after baking.
What can I serve with garlic bread?
We love serving this Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread with just about any Italian dish. Our favorites are:
- 5 Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- One Pot Turkey Spaghetti
- Sun Dried Tomato Fettuccine
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo
The best homemade garlic bread recipes:
- Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Rolls
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread
- Easy Garlic Breadsticks
- Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Cut french bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread half the garlic butter on each half of bread.
- Sprinkle one cup shredded Mozzarella on each half of the bread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.