This salad is simple and delicious! This is the perfect recipe to feed dinner guests or bring to a party. So many tasty layers!
Serves: 8 people
Layered Bacon and Swiss Green Salad Recipe
This is the perfect recipe to feed dinner guests or bring to a party. So many tasty layers!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups shredded Romaine lettuce divided
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package block Swiss cheese cubed
- ½ pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, layer half of the lettuce, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the onions, half of the peas, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers again.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Right before it's time to serve, add the bacon and toss, coating most of the greens and other ingredients with the dressing.
Calories: 441 kcal · Carbohydrates: 12 g · Protein: 10 g · Fat: 39 g · Saturated Fat: 17 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 55 mg · Sodium: 206 mg · Potassium: 220 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 5 g · Vitamin A: 3587 IU · Vitamin C: 17 mg · Calcium: 249 mg · Iron: 1 mg