If you love the pasta at Chili’s then you are going to love this Chili’s copycat recipe. It reminds me exactly of the dish you would get in the restaurant, but at a fraction of the price and can feed your whole family. If you’re been looking for great recipes, add this one to your rotation. This is one of our favorite pasta recipes!
Plus, I don’t know about you, but it can be a chore in itself just trying to get my whole family ready to go out for dinner. Half the time I could have made the dinner itself in the time it took to get everyone in the car. Haha.
So, if you want to skip the restaurant, but not the food, then make this delicious creamy cajun chicken pasta for your family and you will have the best copycat Chili’s recipe. All of my kids enjoy this recipe, since it is a tasty cajun pasta recipe, but they also still get the protein as well. This is one of our favorite pasta dishes!
If you want to make more than one recipe from Chili’s and make it feel even more like your in the restaurant and have some options, give our Chili’s copycat skillet queso recipe, slow cooker Chili’s steak fajitas recipe a try and end the night with some scrumptious copycat Chili’s molten lava cake.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Chili’s Copycat Cajun Chicken Recipe:
- Penne pasta
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cajun spice seasoning
- Half and half or heavy cream
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe:
When you are ready to make dinner, start boiling water in a large pot and cook the penne pasta according to the directions on the box. You could also cook the pasta in chicken broth for extra flavor.
After the pasta is done cooking, drain it, quickly rinse the pasta, and then set it aside.
Now, place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and then sprinkle in the cajun seasoning and shake the bag to coat the chicken in the seasoning evenly.
Then in a large skillet, saute the chicken breasts over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of butter.
Turn the chicken occasionally to create the perfect crispy, golden brown layer and cook the chicken all the way through (at least 165 degrees fahrenheit).
While the chicken is cooking, in another skillet whisk together 1 tablespoon of flour with 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat to create a roux.
After the butter and flour have mixed together, combine the half and half, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and continue cooking it over medium heat, stirring it occasionally.
When the cream mixture starts to bubble, remove the skillet from the heat.
Now it is time to serve it all together. Pour the sauce over top of the noodles, and then slice the chicken breasts into strips and put it on top of the pasta.
Then top the pasta with diced tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!
To Make This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta You Will Need:
- Large pot
- Skillet (2) (THESE work great!)
- Slotted spoon
Great Half and Half Substitutes
It happens to everyone, you think you have an ingredient, and you go to reach for it and it’s not there. I have done that more than once with half and half.
So, it is good to know what you might be able to use in place of half in half if you happen to be out of it, it is spoiled, or even if you don’t like to use half and half. Food 52 has a wonderful list of 4 easy substitutes for half and half that you can check out when you find yourself in a pinch!
Looking for more Copycat Recipes? Try this Homemade Ground Beef Cruchwrap Supreme!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Enjoy These Wonderful Sides With This Cajun Pasta Recipe!
- Spring Salad with Homemade Lemon Poppyseed Dressing Recipe
- Twisted Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
- Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat Recipe
- How to Make Instant Pot Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots Recipe
Chili’s Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne pasta according to directions on the box. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and sprinkle in cajun seasoning. Reseal bag and shake thoroughly until chicken is evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken breasts over medium heat in 2 Tablespoons of butter, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, in another skillet whisk together 1 tablespoon of flour with 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat to create a roux.
- After the butter and flour have mixed together, combine the half and half, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and continue cooking it over medium heat, stirring it occasionally.
- Remove from heat when cream mixture starts to bubble.
- Pour cream sauce over cooked noodles. Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Serve pasta on serving plates.
- Top with chicken breast strips, and sprinkle on diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Create a roux with the butter and flour before adding the other sauce ingredients to make the sauce a creamy consistency.
- large pot
- 2 Skillets
- Slotted Spoon
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.