Reese’s peanut butter cups are probably one of my most favorite candies to indulge in! My guess is that I am not alone either.
This Reese’s peanut butter poke cake brings Reese’s to a whole new level. I love bringing this poke cake to luncheons, BBQs, and potlucks. It is super simple to make and normally is gone before the other desserts.
Some other awesomely delicious recipes that we have for Reese’s peanut butter are our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats, Reese’s Cookies Ice Cream Pops, and our fluffy and delicate Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Trifles! The list could go on but, I’ll let you try those for now.
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS PEANUT BUTTER POKE CAKE WITH CONDENSED MILK:
Peanut butter poke cake ingredients:
- Box chocolate cake mix
- Cake box ingredients (eggs, oil, and water as directed on the package)
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Peanut butter
- Cool whip
- Hot fudge
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (crumbled)
If you have everything you need except the cool whip, don’t worry! Check out this simple and quick way to make up your own homemade cool whip! If you want to go even more over the top you could always make your own cake with this amazing homemade chocolate cake mix recipe!
Related Article: Chocolate Cake Smothered with Sweetened Condensed Milk, Hot Fudge, and Andes Mints! Everyone loves our Thin Mint Poke Cake!
You’ll also need these for this Six Sisters’ poke cake:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups (THIS is a great set)
- Rubber spatula
- Fork (ya know for the “poke” part of the cake)
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer/stand mixer
- 9×13 baking pan (THIS one is my favorite especially if you want to bring it to an even)
Pro Tip: Depending on your fudge you may have to use something a little bigger than a fork for the holes to get the fudge to seep in a little more or move the fork around while in the cake.
Related Article: This White Raspberry Poke Cake is light and refreshing because of one secret ingredient!
RESTAURANT RECIPES IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
How to make this absolutely delicious Reese’s peanut butter cup cake:
To start you are going to make the base part of this cake by doing exactly what it says on the box for the 9×13 pan.
After the cake is done, take it out of the oven and use the fork to poke holes in the cake all over. Remember the more you poke the more room for the fudge to seep into.
Then, microwave the fudge following the instructions on the jar. You are going to pour about ¾ of the jar on top of the cake. Use a spatula to spread it out to make sure the whole cake is covered with fudge.
Now, combine the softened cream cheese (be sure to not melt the cream cheese or it will not set up properly) and the sweetened condensed milk in a mixing bowl or a stand mixer and beat it all together until it is smooth and creamy without lumps.
Next, you are going to add in the peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix everything together until the peanut butter is mixed throughout.
Once that is done, mix in half of the cool whip and continue to mix everything together until the mixture is smooth.
Then, spread the cream cheese and peanut butter mixture evenly over the fudge layer on the cooled and poked cake.
After everything is spread across the cake, cover it and put it in the refrigerator until everything is cool.
Once the cake has set up and is cool, spread the rest of the cool whip on top of the cream cheese and peanut butter mixture. Then, drizzle the rest of the hot fudge (you will probably have to reheat heat the fudge again according to the jar instructions) over top of the cool whip.
Lastly, sprinkle the Reese’s crumbles over the whole cake to finish it off! Then, cover it and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
my hot fudge isn’t sinking into my cake:
If you run into this problem, your holes may be a little small. However, if you give this cake time, eventually the fudge will seep into the cake.
I usually prepare this recipe at night and let it sit in the fridge overnight, before I add the whipped cream layer and other toppings.
Every time, it puddles on top, then in the morning, it’s all sunk deep down into the cake. It just takes time.
This recipe is also best when it is served after it has had enough time for the sauce to seep into the cake. I recommend making it the night before you plan on serving it, and maybe adding the whipped cream an hour before you plate it.
It tastes best cold, so we usually keep ours covered in the fridge.
I have also made this recipe, and used a fork to poke my holes. The cake was amazing, and all the hot fudge sunk in over night.
We usually use the small round end of a wooden spoon to poke the holes, but forks also work great. It may just take a little longer for the hot fudge to sink in.
See how to make this delicious dessert!
On our YouTube channel, we have so many amazing recipes that you might not even know where to start!
Pick more poke cakes to try and fall in love with!
- THIN MINT POKE CAKE RECIPE
- BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE PUDDING POKE CAKE
- PINEAPPLE POKE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL TOFFEE CRUNCH CAKE
- 15 DROOLWORTHY POKE CAKE RECIPES
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- eggs, oil, and water as directed on the box cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup peanut butter, (I used creamy)
- 12 ounces cool whip, divided
- 12 ounces hot fudge, divided
- 8 reese’s peanut butter cups, crumbled
- Prepare and bake your chocolate cake following instructions on the cake mix box. When the cake is done cooking, take it out of the oven and poke the cake all over with a fork.
- Microwave your hot fudge and pour 3/4 of the jar on top of the cake so it will soak in.
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl or stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add peanut butter and continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Add half of the cool whip and continue mixing it until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter mixture evenly over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Spread remaining cool whip over peanut butter mixture. Drizzle rest of hot fudge over top. Then sprinkle the crumbled reese’s peanut butter cups over top. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.