You’re going to love this Instant Pot honey BBQ pork wraps that are made out of our delicious pulled roast recipe. Sometimes pork roast recipes can be a heavier meal, but when you turn them into wraps and top it with some delicious homemade coleslaw, not only is it a light meal, but super tasty.
Our Instant Pot pork recipe is a great summer recipe that you can serve for lunch or dinner and have everyone enjoy their meal. Not to mention that is a wonderfully flavorful budget-friendly dinner recipe that you can make for a crowd.
Have you ever made a pulled pork Instant Pot recipe? If not, this is a great recipe to start with! It is a great recipe for beginners to get their feet wet and still produce a great meal.
To get a few ideas of what you could serve with these tasty honey BBQ pork wraps I would definitely suggest that you try our Olive Garden fresh garden salad copycat recipe, Mom’s easy potato salad recipe, or some fun air fryer crispy zucchini bites! They will all taste great with the wraps and work for dinner or lunch!
Ingredients Needed to Make Instant Pot Honey BBQ Pork Wraps:
Pork Recipe Ingredients:
- Boneless pork shoulder roast
- BBQ sauce (any kind)
- Brown sugar
- Garlic clove, minced
Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients:
- Shredded coleslaw mix
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- White vinegar
- Celery seed
How To Make Our Instant Pot Honey BBQ Pork Wraps:
To begin these perfect BBQ pork wraps, get out your Instant Pot and pour water into the bottom of the inner pot.
Then open up your roast and sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of the roast.
Once the roast has been seasoned, place the roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Now, in a small mixing bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar, and minced garlic until it is well combined.
After the sauce is combined pour it over top of the pork roast.
When you have the roast all set, place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is turned to the SEALING position.
Then press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button and set the timer for 45 minutes (this is going based off a 2 lb pork roast. If yours is bigger our rule of thumb is 20-25 minutes per pound of meat).
Once the timer is done, let the Instant Pot do a NATURAL RELEASE of the pressure from inside the pot. You will know it is ready when the pin drops down, which is generally at least 20-25 minutes.
For a super tender roast, let it sit in the Instant Pot on the “keep warm” setting for a few hours and then it will just be falling apart with the touch of your fork.
When the roast is done, remove it from the Instant Pot and shred or slice the roast and then place a heap of the roast on a wrap, spoon some of the roast sauce from the Instant Pot onto the meat, and then top it off with coleslaw and your favorite toppings.
To make our homemade coleslaw, in a large mixing bowl combine the coleslaw mix, shredded purple cabbage, and the shredded carrots and give it a good toss.
Then in a small mixing bowl make up the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Once that is all mixed, pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix, toss it all together and then place it in the fridge to let it chill until you are ready to serve the wraps.
To Make Instant Pot Pork Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a wonderful Instant Pot)
- Small mixing bowl (2)
- Large mixing bowl
- Forks for shredded or a knife for slicing the pork
How Long to Cook Pulled Pork for this Instant Pot Recipe?
When it comes to pork roasts, we like to cook them for 20 mins per pound in the Instant Pot. So make sure to check the side of your roast before you begin cooking.
However, if the roast is frozen, we will cook it for 30-35 mins per pound.
Can You Overcook Pork in an Instant Pot?
It is possible to overcook pork in the Instant Pot, but usually if the meat is not as tender as you like it’s because it was not cooked for long enough. You can always put the lid back on and cook for a few minutes longer. Even we have to do that from time to time.
Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
You can make this recipe even more intensely delicious by making your own homemade BBQ sauce. Add A Pinch has the best homemade BBQ sauce recipe. You might even be surprised by how simple it is! Make extra if you want to store some in the fridge for later too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Extremely Tasty Pork Recipes That You Can Make Next!
- Instant Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Instant Pot French Onion Pork Chops Recipe
- Perfectly Juicy Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Grilled Tuscan Pork Chops (Easy Marinade) Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Roast Recipe
- Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe (without marinade)
Wrap Recipes For Those Busy Weeknights:
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Cool Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe
- Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wrap Recipe
- Turkey Cranberry Wrap Recipe
- 10 Minute Healthy Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps Recipe
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
Instant Pot Honey BBQ Pork Wraps Recipe
Honey BBQ Pork Ingredients
- ¾ cup water
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce (any kind will work)
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 tortillas or wraps
- coleslaw or other favorite toppings
Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix (from the produce section)
- ¾ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you prefer)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle all sides of the roast with salt and pepper, then place the roast in the pot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar, and garlic.
- Pour sauce over the pork.
- Put your lid on the pot and put the VALVE on sealing (not venting). Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 45 minutes (or 20-25 minutes per pound of your roast).
- When timer is finished, let pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes – I prefer to let it sit in my Instant Pot on the "keep warm" setting for a couple of hours and it will literally fall apart).
- Shred or slice roast (it should fall apart pretty easily) and serve wrapped in a tortilla or wrap with coleslaw or your favorite toppings.
- To make the coleslaw, combine coleslaw, cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, make dressing by combining mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss dressing into cabbage mixture and let chill until ready to serve.
- It is possible to overcook pork in the Instant Pot, but usually if the meat is not as tender as you like it’s because it was not cooked for long enough. You can always put the lid back on and cook for a few minutes longer. Even we have to do that from time to time.
- Instant Pot
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Forks
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.