what kind of chicken can you use in a wrap?
We like to cook up a lot of chicken breasts at one time and have them shredded or cubed and ready to go in recipes. But with wraps, there are so many chicken options available.
Frozen chicken breasts can be purchased at a great price when bought in a 3 to 4 pound bag. Thaw them and boil in a pot of water until cooked through. We dice them up and freeze in freezer bags.
Rotisserie chicken is another great way to simplify this chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe. Purchase a cooked rotisserie chicken at the store. Bring it home and pull off all of the meat. Dice or shred for your recipe.
Canned chicken is another easy alternative when making wraps. Canned chicken is quick and affordable. It’s an easy way to add protein to any recipe.
When grilling chicken for a bbq, just grill up a few extra chicken breasts for other recipes. It’s a convenient way to have delicious grilled chicken added to any chicken dish.
what can you add to chicken caesar wraps?
Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps are the perfect dinner that you can customize to your own taste. We like to follow the recipe as we have it here in this post, but we often get a craving to change things up a bit.
Chicken wraps are a versatile recipe, so go ahead and add any ingredients that you love, that you have in your pantry, or whatever is growing in your garden at the time.
Try these add-ins to your wraps:
- Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Croutons (any flavor of crouton is delicious in wraps)
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Bean sprouts (a great way to sneak in more healthy ingredients)
- Avocado (go ahead and dice up an avocado for an added burst of flavor)
how to make chicken Caesar Salad wraps healthier
It’s so easy to make a Caesar Chicken Wrap healthier and not have to skimp on flavor.
We’ll start with the tortilla. Many people prefer to make their own fresh tortillas right at home. But you can buy so many kinds of tortillas at the store that are inexpensive.
Here are a few healthier tortilla options available to you:
- Spinach Tortillas
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Low Carb Tortillas
- Coconut Flour Tortillas
- Garden Veggie Tortillas
You can save a lot of calories by choosing a low calorie Caesar dressing. Many are yogurt based and healthier for you. Check the salad dressing aisle to get one with lower calories and fat.
Another way to save a few more calories is with the cream cheese. Using a low fat cream cheese does not change the taste or creaminess to your wrap in any way.
how to make a chicken caesar wrap
In a medium mixing bowl add your Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Set aside for a few minutes.
In a separate bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/2 of the dressing mixture from the other bowl into the cream cheese mixture. And set that bowl aside.
Stir in the red pepper, olives, and chicken into the other half of the dressing mixture. Sprinkle with a dash of garlic salt.
Spread about 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Then sprinkle some chicken mixture over that. Top each tortilla with shredded lettuce and cheese and roll up.
It’s the perfect lunch or dinner. We love these on those hot summer nights when you don’t want to fire up the oven. Even our husbands that are big meat and potato guys love these Chicken Caesar Wraps.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more tasty wraps
We have more delicious and simple wrap recipes to make dinner a breeze.
- Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wrap
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Wrap
- Philly CheeseSteak Wrap
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Healthy Hummus Wrap
Chicken Caesar Wraps Recipe
- ½ cup Caesar salad dressing
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives 1 can
- 8 flour tortillas (may use any type of tortilla)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- ⅔ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic salt dash
- Combine Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/2 of dressing mixture in the other bowl to cream cheese and mix well; set aside.
- Stir in red pepper, olives, and chicken into remaining half of dressing mix (not the cream cheese mixture) and sprinkle a dash of garlic salt on top.
- Spread 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture on each tortilla.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture over the cream cheese.
- Top each tortilla with Romaine lettuce and shredded cheese.
- Wrap it up and enjoy.
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
Have you seen out our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make our Chicken Bacon and Ranch Wraps.