In honor of a new Chick-Fil-A opening down the street from us, we decided to give these Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Recipe a whirl! They really tasted so close to the real thing!
(And you don’t feel so bad about eating them because they are homemade, right?!)
Now if you have never tried a copycat recipe, you are MISSING OUT! There is something about eating a restaurant recipe in your house! They are SO GOOD!
This Homemade Chick-Fil-A Recipe has been a family favorite for years.
Related Recipe: Love Chick-Fil-A? You’ll definitely want to try this Copycat-Chick Fil-A Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap!
Here are our tips to make it even easier to make these Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets:
1. The first step is just mixing whisking the milk and egg together. Then you just throw in your chicken! If you want to make this step easier, have your chicken all cut up into bite sizes pieces, ready to go.
2. Let the chicken soak for at least 30 minutes. This is what makes it SO tender.
3. While your chicken is soaking, mix all of your dry ingredients4. Also while your chicken is soaking, get your sauce pan all heated with oil so you will be ready to add your chicken.
5. Once your chicken is done soaking, you are going take a few pieces at a time, and place them in the flour mixture. Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil
6. Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink)
Now that you have the chicken recipe, you HAVE to make the Chick-Fil-A sauce to go with it! The recipe is SO easy!
Here are the ingredients you need for Chick-Fil-A Sauce:
- mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise)
- lemon juice
- Barbecue Sauce (we like the “smoky” sauces best in this recipe)
If you have all of those ingredients, then you are set! You can actually make it!
Find the Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe HERE
If you love these delicious homemade Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, then you’ll want to try our Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
More Copycat Recipes you’ll want to make:
- SLOW COOKER COPYCAT TEXAS ROADHOUSE BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE
- CHILI’S COPYCAT SKILLET QUESO RECIPE
- HEALTHIER ORANGE JULIUS COPYCAT WITH BANANA RECIPE
- COPYCAT LITTLE CAESARS CRAZY BREAD RECIPE
- CRACKER BARREL MEATLOAF COPYCAT RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER BAJIO CHICKEN SALAD COPYCAT RECIPE
- KNEADERS COPYCAT CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES RECIPE
More Kid Friendly Recipes:
- CHEESEBURGER MACARONI RECIPE (MY KIDS FAVORITE MEAL!)
- HOW TO MAKE A KID-FRIENDLY CHARCUTERIE BOARD [STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS]
- KID FRIENDLY TRAIL MIX
- BAKED CREAMY CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE
- HOMEMADE BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE
- STUFFED PIZZA ROLLS RECIPE
- HOMEMADE JELLO FRUIT SNACKS RECIPE
Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 32 ounces canola oil 1 bottle, for frying
- In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together
- Place chicken on counter and cut into cubed bite size pieces; trim any fat that you may see
- Put the chicken in the milk mixture and mix so that all is coated and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- In another large bowl combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper, and chili powder and stir together.
- In cast iron pot or sauce pan pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat
- Remove the chicken from refrigerator and place about 8 pieces at a time into the flour mixture making sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil
- Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink so you can cut one piece to test it out)
- Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
- Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken.
Dip nuggets in your favorite sauce.
- Large Bowl (2)
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
Stop by for a visit!