Dinner tonight is going to be fast and easy . . . this Southwest Chicken Casserole Bake is one of my favorite dishes to throw together in a hurry and it’s delicious. The best part is it doesn’t require any cream of chicken soup and it’s delicious!
Here are some other casseroles with no canned soup that we love!
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe
- Million Dollar Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffing Casserole
Ingredients needed for this Southwest Chicken Casserole Bake:
- 4 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 2 (14) ounces green enchilada sauce divided
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream divided
- 9 6 inch corn tortillas cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 ounces diced green chilis drained and divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced and divided
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
Related Recipe: In the mood for more Southwest flavor? Try this Southwest Chicken Salad!
How to make this yummy Southwest Chicken Casserole Bake:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In the prepared pan, layer half of the chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas, chilis, tomatoes and cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until it starts to bubble.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with additional tomatoes and diced avocado.
Related Recipe: Try our Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup!