I found these cookies on Pinterest and I was a little hesitant to make them. They only require 3 ingredients and they are much healthier than other cookies.
Let’s be honest. I’ve tried some healthy cookies in the past and they usually end up in the trash.
These Skinny Banana Cookies smelled amazing while they were baking…and, to tell you the truth, they turned out delicious! For being a healthy cookie… I rate them a 10!
How to Make Skinny banana Cookies:
With only three ingredients, these cookies are fast and easy to whip up.
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
Unlike a traditional cookie recipe, you will need to spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a spoon or cookie scoop, make cookies and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. My trick to making them look good is to add a few chocolate chips on top right as they come out of the oven!
Tips and Tricks to make skinny cookies:
- Some of our readers add a little cinnamon and vanilla for extra flavor. Thanks for the tip!
- If you don’t want to use cooking spray, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Keep in mind that the texture of these cookies won’t be the same as you would expect from a traditional cookie. Still, we (and many of our readers) highly recommend them.
- Try adding a spoonful of peanut butter!
Related recipe: Love a good banana treat? Try our Banana Breakfast Smoothie (really, you could eat it any time of the day!)
Things to add into the cookies :
We love the simplicity of three ingredients, but we also understand how important it is to mix things up every now and again. Try some of these mix ins in addition or in the place of the chocolate chips:
how to Store for later:
We recommend placing extra cookies in an airtight container. Store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Some readers have reported that they’ve made a double batch and the frozen them. We haven’t tried this personally, but we think it’s a great idea.
Watch how to make these skinny banana cookies:
IF YOU’RE READY TO TRY ANOTHER HEALTHY DESSERT, WE THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE SOME OF THESE:
- Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Skinny Banana Split
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies
Skinny Banana Cookies Recipe
- 2 bananas ripe and mashed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats do not cook
- 1/4 cup mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
(Recipe from The Burlap Bag)
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!