I don’t know about you, but I could eat pasta any day or all the days of the week!
This is the best casserole recipe if you ask me. It pulls all the delicious spaghetti flavors and melts it wonderfully with the gooey cheese added in.
My kids even love this recipe. I don’t have to barter with them to eat it. Does anyone else have to do that? Ha ha.
Looking for another spaghetti casserole? Try our Million Dollar Casserole!
Plus we pair either with our Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread or Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks and to make sure we get vegetables in we will also make our 3 Ingredient Avocado Salad as well!
This is such a great recipe to make, take a look at everything you need for this easy family dinner!
Easy baked spaghetti casserole ingredients:
- Spaghetti noodles
- Ground beef
- Medium onion (chopped)
- Meatless spaghetti sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Since our gardens are starting to wind down, you might be looking for something to do with all of those tomatoes. Well, you could make this delicious homemade pasta sauce from Mom on Timeout and use it in this recipe as well!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Related Recipe: Love Spaghetti?! Don’t miss our Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti recipe!
For this pasta dinner recipe be sure to have these items:
- Large skillet (THIS is a nice one)
- Large mixing bowl (I love THIS kind with the rubber bottoms)
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Aluminum foil
Make dinner easier for you and your family!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less
5 Ingredients or Less
One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Time to make the best baked spaghetti casserole you’ve ever had!
Start by boiling the water and cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
While the noodles are cooking, cook the ground beef and onions over medium heat in a large skillet.
After the meat is browned, drain the grease and return the meat to the pan.
Add in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt, stir it together and then set it aside for now.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter until they are well combined.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain the noodles and then add them to the egg mixture, tossing the noodles making sure to coat all the pasta.
In a greased 9×13 pan, place half of the noodle mixture into the bottom and then top it with half the cottage cheese, and then a layer of meat sauce and finally mozzarella cheese.
Repeat this one more time and then cover the pan with tin foil and bake it at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
After the 40 minutes, uncover the casserole and bake it for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Cottage Cheese Substitutes in Baked Spaghetti Casserole:
We get it. Not everyone likes cottage cheese and that is okay! If you do not want to put cottage cheese in this casserole, feel free to replace it with ricotta cheese.
If you do not like ricotta cheese, then simply omit the cottage cheese and maybe amp up the mozzarella cheese a little bit.
Add-Ins for this Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe:
- Green bell pepper pepper
- Chopped spinach
- Frozen peas
- Red onion
- Pepperoni slices
- Black olives
- Red bell pepper
- Cooked chicken and Alfredo sauce in place of the spaghetti sauce and ground beef
Casserole made in an Instant Pot?!
We have so many Instant Pot recipes on our YouTube channel with all the different things you can make.
We all know that lasagna is delicious, but have you tried to make it in your Instant Pot?!
It is absolutely amazing and done in almost half the time!! Try out this easy Instant Pot lasagna.
Switch it up with these delicious casserole recipes:
- Green Chile Layered Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- The Best Spanish Beef and Rice Bake Recipe (Mexican Casserole)
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Mom’s Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe (Chicken Divan)
Baked Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 16 ounce package spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 26 ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain grease.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Not everyone likes cottage cheese and that is okay! If you do not want to put cottage cheese in this casserole, feel free to replace it with ricotta cheese.
- Large Skillet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews
Have a great week!
I have never tried it without cottage cheese but I am sure you could substitute it with a little ricotta cheese or try omitting it. Let us know how it goes!