If you have never had our easy pan butter biscuits recipe, be prepared you will find yourself dreaming about it. Haha.
Whenever I make these biscuits my kids never fight me on it, rather tend to fight over the last piece. So if you have a bigger family I suggest doubling the recipe.
Our homemade butter biscuits are so simple to put together, just another amazing thing about this recipe. You will even enjoy these easy pan biscuits enough to bring them to your next potluck. People will rave about them.
Remember how I said you will find yourself dreaming about this easy side dish recipe?
Well, it’s true! I start dreaming about what I can make for dinner just to have these biscuits. Some of my favorites to make with them are our Instant Pot creamy fiesta chicken, Disneyland’s loaded potato soup, and another great recipe is our Instant Pot biscuits and gravy recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Pan Butter Biscuits Recipe:
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
How To Make Our Butter Biscuits Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees.
Then get out your 8×8 baking dish and cut up a few thin slices of the butter and place them in the bottom of the baking dish.
When that is done, pop the dish in the oven while it preheats to melt the butter.
Then in a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar and mix it all together.
Now carefully pour the buttermilk into the flour mixture until the flour is just moist.
DO NOT OVER MIX the dough. It will make for some tough biscuits.
After you are done mixing the dough, remove the dish from the oven.
Now pour the dough into the pan on top of the melted butter and use your hands to spread it out evenly in the dish.
Be careful as the dish will be warm.
The butter will push up on top of the biscuit dough, which is exactly what you want to happen.
Once it’s spread out, use a sharp knife and cut the dough into nine pieces (3 cut across and 3 cut down).
By doing this you will have biscuits that come out easier and get immersed in the butter!
Then put the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Start checking the biscuits after 20 minutes.
Once they are slightly golden brown, pull them out and enjoy them!
To Make Amazing Butter Biscuits You Will Need:
- 8×8 baking dish (like THIS)
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spatula
The Best Flour For Making Biscuits
For this recipe we love to use all-purpose flour, however, there are other options out there. So what is the best flour to use?
Cooking On the Side has a great article on which flour made the best biscuits that you will definitely find interesting! Give it a look and decide which you want to try!
Make Your Own Buttermilk!
If you don’t have any buttermilk in your fridge, no worries! You can make your own.
To make your own buttermilk:
Pour 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar into the bottom of a 1 cup measurer.
Fill the rest of that 1 cup measurer with milk.
Carefully mix together and let sit for 4-5 minutes.
The rest time gives it a minute to slightly curdle, which gives it a little bit of a buttermilk texture and taste.
If you don’t have white vinegar, you can also use lemon juice mixed with milk (just follow the same instructions).
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Keep the Buttery Goodness Flowing with These Amazing Biscuit Recipes!
- Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- Cheesy Pull Apart Biscuits
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat Recipe
- Easy 7 UP Biscuits Recipe
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
Easy Pan Butter Biscuits Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1¾ cup buttermilk (see note below)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the butter into a couple of thin slices and spread in the bottom of an 8×8" baking dish.
- Place the butter in the baking dish into the oven while it preheats to allow the butter to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Carefully pour in the buttermilk, mixing until the flour mixture is just moistened (be careful not to overmix!).
- Remove melted butter pan from the oven.
- Place the dough in the melted butter pan and spread it evenly in the pan with your fingers. As you spread the dough out to the corners, the butter will start to surround the dough and flow on top of the dough (which is what you want!).
- Cut the dough into 9 equal squares (you don't have to do this step, but it makes it easier to pull apart later and allows the butter to soak into all the edges of each piece).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (start checking at 20 minutes) or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve hot with honey butter or your favorite toppings.
Buttermilk Recipe:To make your own buttermilk, pour 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar into the bottom of a 1 cup measurer. Fill the rest of that 1 cup measurer with milk. Carefully mix together and let sit for 4-5 minutes. Rest time gives it a minute to slightly curdle, which gives it a little bit of a buttermilk texture and taste. If you don’t have white vinegar, you can also use lemon juice mixed with milk (just follow the same instructions).
- 8×8-inch baking pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spatula
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews