Superbowl Sunday is fast approaching and I am putting together my menu to get ready for the party! I will be honest- I really only like the Superbowl for the commercials and the food (don’t tell my husband!).
Anyway, if you are looking for a yummy appetizer to get you through the game, look no further. These wings are so simple to make and no one will know that they are baked instead of fried!
Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
These wings are so simple to make and no one will know that they are baked instead of fried!
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 chicken wings
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup red hot sauce we use Frank's red hot sauce
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a resealable plastic bag and shake to mix. Make sure your chicken wings are completely dry (I dried mine off with a paper towel) and add the chicken wings to the bag. Seal the bag and toss until well coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet and place into the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (this will make your wings not "soggy". If I am in a hurry, I will stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 45 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Serve with your favorite dips (we love ranch dressing) or eat plain- they are delicious either way!
Calories: 165 kcal · Carbohydrates: 4 g · Protein: 9 g · Fat: 12 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 49 mg · Sodium: 318 mg · Potassium: 83 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 233 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 8 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Baking Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl