A few nights ago, my father-in-law came up to Logan for dinner. We ended up going to the SIZZLER – and that was the first time I have eaten there in years! I forgot how much I love that Malibu Chicken! I didn’t know how much my husband loved it, either. To surprise him after a long day of studying and exams (only one more semester!) I made this Malibu stuffed chicken. To say he loved and appreciated it would be a HUGE understatement! This one is a definite keeper!
Serves: 4 people
Malibu Stuffed Chicken Recipe
This recipe takes your typical Malibu Chicken and turns it inside out. I love the breaded chicken, and the center of ham, cheese, and pineapple is surprisingly delicious!
- ½ cup honey Dijon mustard divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple drained
- 1½ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of mustard over each flattened chicken breast. Cover each with a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place a small amount of pineapple in the center of each.
- Roll chicken, with the pineapple in the middle, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining mustard.
- Roll the chicken bundles in the bread crumbs, and place in a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Combine the can of cream of chicken soup and sour cream in a small bowl. You can microwave the mixture until it's heated through, serve it cold, or warm it up in a small saucepan on medium low heat.Pour over chicken.
Calories: 622 kcal · Carbohydrates: 58 g · Protein: 43 g · Fat: 22 g · Saturated Fat: 9 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 119 mg · Sodium: 1763 mg · Potassium: 741 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 18 g · Vitamin A: 509 IU · Vitamin C: 8 mg · Calcium: 259 mg · Iron: 4 mg
Questions & Reviews