These Slow Cooker Beef Tips cook all day and are fall-apart tender when after cooking in the crock pot all day.
Serve them over mashed potatoes and you have a delicious meal that would make anyone happy . . . it’s comfort food at it’s finest!
This recipe for slow cooker beef tips is similar to a pot roast, except everything is broken up and you can make a delicious gravy with the juices when the beef is done cooking. Even that part is simple too!
Side dish ideas for Slow Cooker Beef Tips:
Slow Cooker Beef Tips recipe ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Seasoned salt
- Ground Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Sirloin roast tips (or beef stew cubes works too!)
- Olive oil
- Diced onion
- Fresh mushrooms
- Condensed beef broth (like THIS, I used Campbell’s brand)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Red wine vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- Cold water
Note: If you don’t have condensed beef broth, you can use regular beef broth and just condense it down. Here are the instructions on how to do that from the Gourmet Sleuth.
Looking for another slow cooker beef recipe? Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
You’ll also need these items for this easy family dinner recipe!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Medium mixing bowl (2)
- Large skillet
- Slow cooker
- Small mixing bowl (2)
- Strainer or slotted spoon (Like THIS one)
Make Dinner Easier for You and Your Family!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees.
We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Every recipe has a beautiful photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less
5 Ingredients or Less
One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
How To Make This Delicious Sirloin Beef Tips Recipe!
When you begin to make this slow cooker recipe, make sure to spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Then, in a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper.
Using this spice mixture, dredge the meat tips through the flour being sure to coat all the sides of each piece.
Now, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and then brown the tips for a couple of minutes and then place them into the slow cooker. You are not trying to cook them all the way through at this point.
Next, dump the onions and mushrooms on top of the browned sirloin in the slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, red wine vinegar, and water.
Once that is done, pour the mixture over top of the meat in the slow cooker.
Finish this portion off by sprinkling a little Italian seasoning over top and turning the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
After the meat is done cooking, mix together the cornstarch with water in a separate bowl.
Strain the meat out of the slow cooker and hold it in a small bowl while you are making the gravy.
Pour the cornstarch mix into the juices at the bottom of the slow cooker and mix everything together well with a whisk.
Once the gravy has formed, add the sirloin tips back into the slow cooker and turn it on high for another 10 minutes to allow the gravy to thicken.
Now, just serve with your favorite sides and dig in. (We suggest some delicious mashed potatoes!)
Looking for more Slow Cooker recipes: Try our Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Casserole!
Keep The Slow Cooker Recipes Rolling:
Slow cooker meals are very popular during the cooler months.
Our YouTube channel has so many easy slow cooker and Instant Pot recipes for you to choose from!
A popular recipe is our Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. They are so full of flavor and easy to make in your crock pot!
More Slow Cooker Recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sweet BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
This slow cooker beef is a family favorite and a great recipe to use when you have an uncooked chuck roast in the freezer. This easy recipe will provide you with the kind of meat that is fork tender. The rich flavor from the beef stock will be mouth tender and the best part is the rich flavor at the end of a long day.
One of the best instant pot beef tips that I can give to you, is to store the leftovers in an airtight container. You’re likely to have a busy day in the future, when you don’t want to go to your local grocery stores, and this delicious recipe will be waiting for you. You can reheat it in your slow cooker on medium high heat until it is cooked through. The cook time will depend on a smaller or larger roast. The only thing you need to do is cook it for enough time that it is hotter than room temperature. You can check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
Slow Cooker Beef Sirloin Tips and Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds beef tips or stew meat cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 10.5 ounces beef broth condensed
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Dredge meat tips in the flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, then brown tips for a couple of minutes (you aren't cooking them all the way through, just browning the edges). Place beef tips in slow cooker.
- Dump onions and mushrooms on top of meat in slow cooker.
- Mix broth, Worcestershire, ketchup, red wine vinegar, water in a bowl. Pour on top of meat in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of everything and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- After meat is finished cooking, mix cornstarch together with water in a separate bowl. Using a strainer, remove beef tips from slow cooker and place in a separate bowl. Pour cornstarch mixture into remaining liquid in the crock pot and mix well. Add the beef tips back into the slow cooker and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken and turns into a gravy.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.