If you love slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe!
- Cream of chicken soup (if you don’t want to use canned, you can try this recipe).
- Cream cheese
- Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- Chicken breasts (you can use fresh or frozen – we’ve used both and either works fine!)
- Rotini pasta (you could also serve it over Penne pasta, Bow Tie pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes)
How to make Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle Italian dressing mix over top. If you use a slow cooker liner, it makes for an even easier clean up. You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and spoon over chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours. We would recommend cooking it on 4 hours on low if you’re using fresh chicken, or 6 hours on low if you’re using frozen.
- Once chicken is done, remove from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and mix in with the rest of the sauce before serving. You can also easily shred the chicken in a stand mixer really quickly.
- Serve chicken over cooked pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. We love to garnish this with shredded parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Other recipe notes
- If you want to make this recipe in the Instant Pot, you can! Check out this recipe for the exact instructions.
- This is a great recipe to make your own. Add in broccoli or bacon bits.
- This is a really great comfort food recipe – it’s a great meal to take to someone who has just had a baby or is having a hard time.
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
What to serve with this Italian chicken:
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
Want more cheesy chicken pasta recipes? Try our favorite One-Pot Chicken Alfredo: