Our mom made this Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe all the time growing up, and no matter our ages – it was always a favorite!
It’s an easy dump and go recipe that will make dinner time a breeze and leave your kids asking for seconds.
If you love slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe!
You only need a few simple ingredients for this Italian Chicken:
- Cream of chicken soup (if you don’t want to use canned, you can try this recipe).
- Cream cheese
- Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- Chicken breasts (you can use fresh or frozen – we’ve used both and either works fine!)
- Rotini pasta (you could also serve it over Penne pasta, Bow Tie pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes)
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to make Slow Cooker Italian Chicken:
Cook on low 4-6 hours. We would recommend cooking it on 4 hours on low if you’re using fresh chicken, or 6 hours on low if you’re using frozen.
Once chicken is done, remove from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and mix in with the rest of the sauce before serving. You can also easily shred the chicken in a stand mixer really quickly.
Serve chicken over cooked pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. We love to garnish this with shredded parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Other recipe notes:
- If you want to make this recipe in the Instant Pot, you can! Check out this recipe for the exact instructions.
- This is a great recipe to make your own. Add in broccoli or bacon bits.
- This is a really great comfort food recipe – it’s a great meal to take to someone who has just had a baby or is having a hard time.
What to serve with this Italian Chicken Recipe:
- Italian Fresh Green Salad
- Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- Italian Peas
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes (it would be delicious to serve it over these mashed potatoes instead of pasta)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet zesty Italian dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces pasta (we like rigatoni or bow tie pasta)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle Italian dressing mix over top.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and spoon over chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Once chicken is done, remove from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and mix in with the rest of the sauce before serving.
- Serve chicken over cooked pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese (optional).
- This is a great recipe to make your own. Add in broccoli or bacon bits
- Slow Cooker
- Small Mixing Bowl
This post was included in our Top 18 Easy Freezer Meals video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!