This is one of my “go-to” recipes when I need something quick, warm, and filling. My kids love it with ketchup on top (who am I kidding? I do too!) and this is one of those recipes my whole family enjoys. It makes a huge 9×13″ pan, so sometimes I will freeze half of it and save for another day (hooray for freezer meals!).
Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can condensed minestrone soup
- 1 can green beans
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown hamburger and drain. Add soup and green beans; season with salt and pepper. Pour into large 9x13 casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes (real potatoes are the best, but if you are in a hurry, instant potatoes will work fine! If you are in a BIG hurry, I have even thrown frozen tater tots on top and it works great!). Spread cheese on top of potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.