Summertime means endless amounts of grilling and meat on sticks, am I right? But really – there’s just something about grilled kabobs that scream summertime to me.
These steak and mushroom kabobs are marinated in a balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixture, and they are so delicious. We grilled up some zucchini right along with it, and it made a delicious summer meal.
My kids (who are extremely picky eaters) will gobble these right up. They are so simple, full of flavor, and taste like summer memories. You will love these Steak and Mushroom Kabobs.
Can you marinade the mushrooms as well?
For this recipe, I don’t usually marinade the mushrooms, just because I forget, or I am focused on marinating the meat.
However, you could definitely marinade the mushrooms as well as the steak.
You could also add any of your other favorite vegetables to the kabobs. Here are a few more I recommend trying:
- Yellow Squash
- Zucchini Squash
- Red Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper
These are also very yummy with pineapple on them as well. We don’t really recommend marinating the pineapple, but just putting it on the skewer, right before you grill it.
What cut of steak would work best for this recipe?
I love all steaks. I don’t know if there has been a cut of steak I have met, and didn’t love. However, some cuts of steak work better for kabobs than others.
For this recipe, I used a sirloin steak. However, you could make these with just about any cut of steak.
I feel like sirloin steak can really soak up the flavor of the marinade, and is also a little thicker that it will still stay juicy and cook perfectly, in the same amount of time the vegetables will be done cooking.
The sirloin steak buys you a little more time, to thoroughly cook the mushrooms all the way through.
Watch how to make another delicious grilled recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good grilled chicken recipe, but this Grilled Lemon Chicken is so tender and juicy. It’s also incredibly easy to throw together. Watch how to make this simple grilled chicken dish, here:
Looking for more grilled dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorites:
- Mom’s Grilled 7 Up Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Tilapia Tacos
- 5 Star Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
Steak and Mushroom Kabobs Recipe
- 2 pounds steak cut into 1inch cubes
- 16 ounces mushrooms button
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, garlic and salt and pepper to a small container or ziploc bag. Mix until it is thoroughly combined.
- Add in steak and mushrooms and let it marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator after meat has marinated, and slide alternating pieces of meat and mushroom onto the skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill for 8-10 minutes until meat is cooked through.