Tacos are always requested in our house, so it’s fun when you can have tacos but change it up and have a different spin on them; even better if the recipe is still simple!
I love using my slow cooker to cook beef for tacos- it’s so easy to throw it together in the morning and let it slow cook in the crock pot all day. Our Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos are some of my favorite!
These Korean Beef Tacos always turn out perfectly juicy and full of flavor.
Related Recipe: If you love these tacos, be sure and try our Easy Chicken Street Tacos!
My favorite slow cooker: 6 Quart Cook and Carry Programmable Slow Cooker
Items needed for Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
You probably have most of these items in your panty!
- Sirloin steak
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar
- Ground ginger
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Red cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
Related Article: You’ll love how quick these Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Tacos come together!
How to make Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos:
Step 1: Spray the inner dish of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray to avoid the sauces from sticking and burning on the sides.
Step 2: Prepare the steak by trimming all of the fat and slicing it into thin pieces.
Step 3: Put the steaks into a large mixing bowl and add the cornstarch. Mix the cornstarch and steaks together until the sirloin steak is all lightly coated. Place the steak strips have been coated with the cornstarch place it into the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with onions.
Step 4: In a small mixing bowl, mix together sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced garlic, ground ginger, and the brown sugar. Once the marinade has been combined completely, pour it over the sirloin steak strips in the slow cooker.
Step 5: After everything is in the slow cooker, set the heat on low for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Then, just let the slow cooker do its thing!
Now that the slow cooker has moved from heat to warming, start serving up the slow cooker Korean Beef Tacos! To build the tacos use your favorite tortillas (I like flour tortillas but any tortilla will do).
Then top the tacos with thinly sliced red cabbage and some fresh cilantro.
If you would like an extra kick to the Korean beef taco, top it with a chipotle aioli sauce. I had found some at the grocery store and it was the perfect addition to this already DELICIOUS taco.
Extra Toppings we like on these Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos:
If you are looking for more toppings for these flavorful Korean beef tacos, try out these wonderful options:
Related recipe: Love Korean dishes? You’ll love our Korean Beef and Rice, too!
CHECK OUT THESE DINNER RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Beijing Beef Recipe
- Korean Beef and Rice
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos and Coleslaw
- Ground Turkey Greek Tacos with Tzatziki
- Oven Baked Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos Recipe
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak (fat trimmed and sliced into thin pieces)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 8 flour tortillas
- ½ head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together steak and cornstarch until steak is lightly coated.
- Place steak inside slow cooker.
- Top with onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over beef and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Serve on tortillas with cabbage and cilantro.
- If you would like an extra kick to the Korean beef taco, top it with a chipotle aioli sauce.
- Slow Cooker
- Large Bowl
- small bowl
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!