Everyone has their favorite go-to creamy fruit salad recipe. I promise you, this will be yours! It is very easy and quick to make. You can pull it together in a matter of minutes, 5 minutes in fact.
Actually, I would suggest making the fluffy yogurt fruit salad only an hour or two in advance. Any more than that and it can get a tad bit runny when it sits. But don’t worry, you can whip this gem up fast before your event, that way you can ensure it tastes very fresh.
Ingredients needed for 5 Minute Yogurt Salad:
- orange yogurt (I used Chobani brand Greek yogurt, but any orange yogurt will do)
- mandarin oranges
- pineapple tidbits
How to make 5 Minute Fluffy Yogurt Salad
Here are a few things you will need:
- Mixing bowl – I like these because they are sturdy and budget friendly and last forever!
- Small strainer -very helpful to drain the fruit enough; if it is not strained enough, it will make your salad runny
- Storage container with lid – perfect for keeping it in the fridge or transporting to a party
To begin, grab a container of Cool-Whip and two containers of orange yogurt and add it all together in a large mixing bowl. Make sure to use your spatula to get all of the creamy goodness out of the containers.
Feel free to use any kind of yogurt. Greek, plain, low-calorie, or full fat. It will all work, just depends on which is your favorite.
Mix Cool-Whip and yogurt together until combined.
Then add in the marshmallows mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, and one sliced banana.
PRO-TIPS for making this salad
- Stick with Cool-Whip for this recipe, I have not made it with real whipped cream and don’t know if it would work
- It’s important to note, you MUST drain the fruit very well otherwise you find the salad to be quite runny
- If the salad becomes runny, don’t worry! Just add a few more marshmallows to absorb some of the extra liquid
Let’s be real, the marshmallows are probably the best part. Especially if you have kids! You could even use some of those super cool patriotic or Easter shaped marshmallows. Have fun with it!
Lastly, you can top the salad off with any of the remaining fruit. Then, just cover and chill the salad in the fridge for about 30-60 minutes. See? Super fast, simple and delicious!
CHANGE IT UP
There are so many different ways to recreate this fresh recipe! Here are a few suggestions:
- Strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries
- Vanilla yogurt and peaches
- Honey yogurt and fresh apples and chopped snickers
- Blueberry yogurt and fresh blueberries and grapes
As delicious as this 5 minute fluffy yogurt salad is, it will only hold its ideal consistency for at most 3-5 days after preparation. Though if your house is anything like mine, it won’t last longer than a day or two before it is all eaten.
ALL THE TOPPINGS!
If you are a fan of toppings here are a few I suggest for putting on this salad:
- Toasted coconut
- Extra fruit from the salad (like I did in the picture)
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate shavings
ARE YOU MISSING OUT??
Did you know that we have a cookbook with some of your favorite restaurants’ recipes?? That’s right! Check it out HERE! We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so YOU can make them in the comfort of your own home.
No need to bring all the kids out for your favorite dessert since you’ll already have the recipe! Impress your guests with restaurant quality recipes at home.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy TODAY!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
NEED ANOTHER SIDE DISH?
Do you need another recipe to bring to your summer shindig? Well, you are going to LOVE this BBQ macaroni salad. It is the perfect dish to pass at the cookout or potluck!
NEED A FEW MORE RECIPES FOR SUMMER?
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Citrus Glaze
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad
- 5 Minute Pistachio Salad
- The Best Creamy Pasta Salad
- Layered Cobb Salad