I really can’t believe that school is about to start! I am trying to cook as many summer meals as I can! If you have a BBQ coming up you have to have to try these beans! They are so good and will fill you right up!
Cowboy Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- ¾ pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 40 ounces pork and beans 2 (20 ounce cans)
- 16 ounces kidney beans (drain well)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- salt, to taste
- Brown meat and saute onion together on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- After the ground beef is cooked through, drain the grease well.
- In another pan cook bacon and crumble into small pieces and add to the meat and onion mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients into the large pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker Version of this recipe: after you cook your meat, bacon, and onions, and throw all of the ingredients in your slow cooker and cook for 3 to 4 hours on low.
- Frying pan
- Large Skillet
Looking for other delicious side dishes?
These are my favorites from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Homemade Turkey Meatball Subs
Slow Cooker BBQ Cranberry Meatballs