Have you ever been in charge of making food for the masses? I have and it can be very stressful! A friend shared this recipe with me so I decided to try it myself. It is so easy to make and tastes delicious! If you use smaller rolls this can make up to 70 servings!
BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe (to Feed Over 50 People)
- 30 pounds pork shoulder or butt
BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 yellow onions chopped
- ½ cup minced garlic
- 1 gallon ketchup
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup molasses
- ⅛ cup tabasco sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients of the BBQ sauce in a big bowl; set aside.
- Line several baking pans with aluminum foil. One piece placed lengthwise and another placed crosswise.
- Place all your pork in your pans. Cover all the pork with half of the BBQ sauce. Fold foil over the meat and seal tightly.
- Slowly roast in 250 degrees for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove from your pans and place in a large bowl. Shred the pork then pour the rest of the BBQ sauce on top and mix.
- If you are making this meat ahead of time, cook the meat as usual and lay it out flat to cool. After it is cooled, place it in air tight containers and refrigerate. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Baking Pans (Several)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Aluminum Foil