Does anyone else always feel so lost when they are asked to bring a side dish to any kind of potluck or party?
I seem to browse the internet for hours looking for something delicious yet still a little healthy. Well good news, I have finally found my go-to!
We love bringing this Broccoli Apple Salad to any get together because it can make SO much. It’s also perfect for a night at home with your family.
I love eating these leftovers for lunch the next day too, because all of the flavors have blended together perfectly. You really can’t go wrong with a good broccoli salad!
How to make Broccoli Apple Salad
- Combine broccoli, onions, apples in a bowl. We used Gala apples for this recipe, but any apple would work great! Feel free to throw in some extra vegetables too, might as well!
- Add carrots and pecans to the salad and mix until well combined. Shredded carrots are definitely the easiest to mix in, but if you have fresh carrots or would rather chop some, that works great.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, salt, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice until well combined. Light mayonnaise is also an option in this recipe, that’s what we used this time around!
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix using two large spoons, folding and tossing until all your vegetables and apples are coated.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. This allows the dressing to really marinate the broccoli and bring all of your flavors together.
Items needed to make Broccoli Apple Salad
Here’s what you’ll need in your kitchen to make Broccoli Apple Salad at home!
Cutting Board – We love these cutting boards because you can just throw them in the dishwasher when you’re done. No hand washing required!
Sharp Knives – If you spend anytime in the kitchen, you know how important sharp knives can be. We love these knives and they last FOREVER.
Large Mixing Bowl – This salad grows pretty quickly, and can easily be doubled. It’s always easiest to start in a large bowl rather than having to transfer to a bigger bowl halfway through. This one works great for this recipe!
More delicious Salads From Six Sisters’ Stuff
Here are a few more ideas to take to your next potluck!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!