You’ll absolutely love these Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins. I always thought making muffins from scratch seemed slightly intimidating, but it’s really so much easier than it seems!
As much as I love a good shortcut cake mix recipe (like our blueberry cake mix muffins), there’s just something so satisfying about making something completely from scratch!
These muffins combine pumpkin and butterscotch for a surprisingly sweet taste.
They are the perfect fall recipe. And the best part is, when they bake in the oven, they make your whole house smell amazing.
How to make pumpkin butterscotch muffins
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a second bowl, mix together eggs, butter, and pumpkin. Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Add in 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe makes perfectly fluffy, moist muffins every time. It will usually make about 15-18 muffins (depending on how full you fill the muffin tins).
We love them served for breakfast, as a quick snack on the go, or as an afternoon treat with hot chocolate or apple cider.
We think the pumpkin and butterscotch make a winning combination, but you could definitely substitute other ingredients in their place. We like these:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
- White chocolate chips
- Crumb topping (like the one from this muffin recipe)
- Topped with glaze (like the one from this recipe)
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Related article: Love pumpkin muffins? Try our Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Streusel Topping!
More from-scratch muffin recipes
- Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- Peach Oatmeal Muffins
- Banana Crumb Muffins
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix together eggs, butter, and pumpkin. Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Add in 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips.
- Spray a muffin tin (or use muffin tin liners) with cooking spray. Pour batter into the muffin tins, so they're about 2/3 full. Sprinkle remaining butterscotch chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mixing bowls
- Muffin Tin
Slightly adapted from this recipe.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Watch how to make these simple cake mix blueberry muffins below.