Do you have leftover bananas that are starting to get a little too ripe to eat? Every week I tell myself, “I am going to eat these bananas.”
Every week, I don’t eat the bananas. It’s starting to become an issue. But I am working on it. There is just such a small window of banana texture and ripeness that I like, so you have to act fast when it comes around.
However, I’m not made when the bananas go ripe, because I now have the perfect simple and delicious recipe, you are going to love me for.
If you are like me, and frequently get ripe bananas, then this is the perfect recipe for you. I threw it together in a matter of minutes and my kids were thrilled to have hot muffins for breakfast.
The best part is, they are only two ingredients. YES. TWO.
Note: We love yellow cake mix the best for these muffins, but a white cake mix would also work! You could also use a chocolate cake mix for a chocolate banana muffin!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
You only need 2 Ingredients to make these muffins:
- Ripe Bananas
- Yellow Cake Mix
What do I need to make these muffins:
- Mixing Bowl
- Potato Masher (we like this one)
- Muffin Tin
How to make 2 Ingredient banana muffins:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mash your bananas in a bowl. Add your box of cake mix and stir very well (do not follow the instructions on the box).
After about a minute or so, it will start to turn to dough.
Place muffin liners in a muffin tin, then spray the inside of them with non stick spray.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until it is cooked through.
Looking for some mix in ideas:
I am all about banana bread, but sometimes it is even more tasty to add a little something something to the batter. If you are like me and need just a little texture or flavor boost, an addition is perfect.
Here is what I recommend adding to your banana muffins:
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- pineapple tidbits (be sure to drain them. This is also a good combination with the coconut shreds.)
- butterscotch chips
- peanut butter chips
You could really add just about anything, and they will only get more tasty. I love this recipe because it is quick, simple, and oh so tasty.
What is the best way to store these 2 Ingredient Banana Muffins?
I usually store these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. I personally think they taste better when they are cold. They are incredibly easy to persevere and will last nicely for about 6 days in the fridge.
Could I make these Banana Muffins without cupcake liners?
For this recipe, we used cupcake liners, because they are pretty cake textured. They aren’t as dense as most muffins, so we do recommend using cupcake liners.
With most my other muffins, I usually just give the tin a little spray with non stick cooking spray, however, for this recipe, we do recommend using cupcake liners, to ensure easy removal and no sticking.
Easy Cake Mix Recipes you’ll want to try:
- Cake Mix Caramel Brownies Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe (with a cake mix)
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler Recipe
Watch how to make another simple banana recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for a simple and delicious healthy snack? Watch how to make our Skinny Banana Muffins, here:
Looking for more muffin recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins Recipe
- Mini Maple Pancake Muffins Recipe
- Coconut Banana Bread Muffins
- Lion House Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Baked Apple Fritter Muffins
2 Ingredient Banana Muffins Recipe
- 4 medium bananas ripe
- 1 yellow cake mix (or can use white cake mix)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash your bananas in a bowl. Add your box of cake mix and stir very well (do not follow the instructions on the box).
- After about a minute or so, it will start to turn to dough.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin tin, then spray the inside of them with non stick spray.Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- We love yellow cake mix the best for these muffins, but a white cake mix would also work!
- You could also use a chocolate cake mix for a chocolate banana muffin!
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin